• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

It was a **** show up here in Ohio. I drug that fawking dodge a good ways before he popped up outta that ditch. Only thing he asked was don't tell nobody a Ford pulled me out loller.gif

It was a **** show up here in Ohio. I drug that fawking dodge a good ways before he popped up outta that ditch. Only thing he asked was don't tell nobody a Ford pulled me out loller.gif
We got about 10" here in Missouri but all and all it was business as usual. Lol poor guy, good motor, junk truck, ask me how I know...

We got about 10" here in Missouri but all and all it was business as usual. Lol poor guy, good motor, junk truck, ask me how I know...
Going on day 5 no power. Single digits at night. Damn generator drinking more gas than most drink beer. I got 2 generators going. Liver got its hand up and begging for mercy :rolf:

1A093915-5591-4FBE-AB42-5E65A1D5778F.jpeg

Going on day 5 no power. Single digits at night. Damn generator drinking more gas than most drink beer. I got 2 generators going. Liver got its hand up and begging for mercy :rolf:
Damn that sucks! Hahaha snow days are good for that, seems like everybody gets the itch to do a little boozin and go play in it.

Nice everything!

What's the specs on any or all of those?
From front to back:
1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11, 10 speed, singled, custom bed with 8k Kubota generator, registered as RV.
50' Featherlite aluminum wedge trailer.
1981 Scrambler, 4.0L with AW4, Dana 300, leaf sprung, locked Scout Dana 44 axles front and rear, 37" KM3's on Racelines, custom half cab roll cage.
1982 Scrambler, 5.3L, TH350, Dana 300 w/ LowMax 4:1, leaf sprung, Front and rear Tera 60's w/ ARB's, 36" Iroks w/ Chamipion beadlocks (now on 37" KM3's), full custom roll cage.
1983 Scrambler, 5.3L, Th400, Atlas 3.8:1, leaf spings front king pin D60 w/ hydro assist, 4 linked rear 14 bolt w/ ORI's, ARB lockers, 43" TSL stickies on Racelines, custom half cab cage, full body armor.

From front to back:
1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11, 10 speed, singled, custom bed with 8k Kubota generator, registered as RV.
50' Featherlite aluminum wedge trailer.
1981 Scrambler, 4.0L with AW4, Dana 300, leaf sprung, locked Scout Dana 44 axles front and rear, 37" KM3's on Racelines, custom half cab roll cage.
1982 Scrambler, 5.3L, TH350, Dana 300 w/ LowMax 4:1, leaf sprung, Front and rear Tera 60's w/ ARB's, 36" Iroks w/ Chamipion beadlocks (now on 37" KM3's), full custom roll cage.
1983 Scrambler, 5.3L, Th400, Atlas 3.8:1, leaf spings front king pin D60 w/ hydro assist, 4 linked rear 14 bolt w/ ORI's, ARB lockers, 43" TSL stickies on Racelines, custom half cab cage, full body armor.
That's awesome all around! Where do you typically wheel?

Cool setup and need specs on the rig too.
thanks its fitech efi cammed 454/400/203/205 134" wb rockwells linked the ag tires are 14.9/24 for the local mud parks and i've got some 47" ltb's for the rock trails. its a big ol unit i'm 6'5 and im comfortable all of the seats.
and surprisingly that double pull setup tows pretty damn nice at 75/80

thanks its fitech efi cammed 454/400/203/205 134" wb rockwells linked the ag tires are 14.9/24 for the local mud parks and i've got some 47" ltb's for the rock trails. its a big ol unit i'm 6'5 and im comfortable all of the seats.
and surprisingly that double pull setup tows pretty damn nice at 75/80
Very cool all around.

Anybody running the Ford 7.3 gasser ? Thought someone had bought one on here. Any feed back ? I'm in the market for a new tow rig

Boy that took the wind outta my sails :LOL:
Sorry about that. :(

For a daily driver (assuming you drive 20k miles or more a year) I could see the Gas vs Diesel argument leaning towards the Gas side with current fuel/gas prices and the perception of increased maintenance costs of a diesel.

Although my (6.7 F250) $100 oil change every 10k miles and $150 fuel filter change 20k miles is probably pretty close in overall costs to oil changes on a gas engine every 5000-7500 miles.

If it's not a daily driver or you tow heavy whenever you do tow, the Diesel wins out in my opinion.

Sorry about that. :(

For a daily driver (assuming you drive 20k miles or more a year) I could see the Gas vs Diesel argument leaning towards the Gas side with current fuel/gas prices and the perception of increased maintenance costs of a diesel.

Although my (6.7 F250) $100 oil change every 10k miles and $150 fuel filter change 20k miles is probably pretty close in overall costs to oil changes on a gas engine every 5000-7500 miles.

If it's not a daily driver or you tow heavy whenever you do tow, the Diesel wins out in my opinion.
Well my Thing is I am selling my 2001 7.3. It runs great but getting rusty. I want a 17 and newer for aluminum body. I tow about 8 times a year and most of that is less than 50 miles round trip. I go to Harlan once a year which the diesel is awesome then. I've owned my 7.3 for nearly 12 years and put 57k on it. I have another vehicle I drive normally. With the fawking prices of trucks right now ya crazy. I was just trying save about 10k on a gasser but I sure don't wanna be wasting money and disappointed on my major purchase.

Well my Thing is I am selling my 2001 7.3. It runs great but getting rusty. I want a 17 and newer for aluminum body. I tow about 8 times a year and most of that is less than 50 miles round trip. I go to Harlan once a year which the diesel is awesome then. I've owned my 7.3 for nearly 12 years and put 57k on it. I have another vehicle I drive normally. With the fawking prices of trucks right now ya crazy. I was just trying save about 10k on a gasser but I sure don't wanna be wasting money and disappointed on my major purchase.
That stinks on the rusty but trusty 7.3!

Maybe @smbroady82 and @Dirt700 can lend some additional info/insight into using the Alumin-duty trucks with the 6.7's as tow rigs.

Last edited: