• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Let's see your tow rig!!!

You know that's a crock of **** you leaving me sitting. I just shook my head at ya and said get er done son. We 2 hours from home lol. Bring that damn thing up here and ride with us. Been too long man. And I couldn't go back to a gasser. Brought home a 19 f250 6.7 today. And I'm not impressed with it over my modded 7.3 but damn it rides nice
That's cool on the new-to-you truck decision. Major difference between a modded 7.3 and an stock 6.7 in performance for sure and also in ride between the two trucks.

You know that's a crock of **** you leaving me sitting. I just shook my head at ya and said get er done son. We 2 hours from home lol. Bring that damn thing up here and ride with us. Been too long man. And I couldn't go back to a gasser. Brought home a 19 f250 6.7 today. And I'm not impressed with it over my modded 7.3 but damn it rides nice

Sooo let me get this straight...your modded 7.3PSD hangs with a 2019 6.7 auto truck??

Sooo let me get this straight...your modded 7.3PSD hangs with a 2019 6.7 auto truck??
I won't say it will hang but I am not impressed with the 6.7. Ive heard people say the 6.7 is sooooo much better than a 7.3, from my experience it's not. I have two 7.3's. One a 4wd f250 with a programmer and light mods. My excursion is 2wd and had injectors a programmer and turbo work. The excursion runs damn good and could keep up in a 1/4 mile drag race I feel. I haven't towed yet with my truck so that may be where the 6.7 truly shines.

I won't say it will hang but I am not impressed with the 6.7. Ive heard people say the 6.7 is sooooo much better than a 7.3, from my experience it's not. I have two 7.3's. One a 4wd f250 with a programmer and light mods. My excursion is 2wd and had injectors a programmer and turbo work. The excursion runs damn good and could keep up in a 1/4 mile drag race I feel. I haven't towed yet with my truck so that may be where the 6.7 truly shines.
I think the 10 speed is a huge improvement also. The 6.7 alone is good, but that paired with the new transmission is pretty impressive.

There's also a pretty noticeable difference (to me anyway) between a stock 6.7 and a deleted 6.7.

There's also a pretty noticeable difference (to me anyway) between a stock 6.7 and a deleted 6.7.
I've heard the deleted and tuned trucks run amazing as well. I won't delete this unless the def system shits itself. Plus hard to find someone to do it, my local shop got busted by the feds

I've heard the deleted and tuned trucks run amazing as well. I won't delete this unless the def system shits itself. Plus hard to find someone to do it, my local shop got busted by the feds
Totally understandable there. Really wakes them up that's for sure but as mentioned it's also really hard to do.

It's amazing what not restricting the exhaust flow of a diesel does in the power department...Air in+fuel+high compression+air out seems to be a tried and true method, you'd think the green crowd would want the most efficient motor possible. My rusty ol '04 Cummins with 4.10s, 35's and a 6 speed is good for 20mpgs and I drive it like I stole it. It's just a shame these manufacturers are making ignorant power/reliable motors that are limited by a bunch of libtard regulations.

Pulled my 35' gooseneck with both rigs yesterday for the first time. No cool pics to show other than my scale slip. Was hoping that stepping up to a dually would be worth it. I gotta say, the hype is real. Not once did it ever feel like the trailer was driving the truck. I might not even bother with airbags. These ram 3500's have a pretty good rake to them but I'd say the rear was maybe only 1" lower than the front, going by the gap in the wheel wells.
20220501_080610.jpg

Pulled my 35' gooseneck with both rigs yesterday for the first time. No cool pics to show other than my scale slip. Was hoping that stepping up to a dually would be worth it. I gotta say, the hype is real. Not once did it ever feel like the trailer was driving the truck. I might not even bother with airbags. These ram 3500's have a pretty good rake to them but I'd say the rear was maybe only 1" lower than the front, going by the gap in the wheel wells.
View attachment 161473
Good deal on being pleased with the dually and being under 26k.

We'll time to eat a little crow, towed my rig twice so far and the 6.7 truly shines towing,I always felt my load behind and take offs were sluggish. Well that 6.7 don't give a **** it just goes. Pretty impressed with it, plus it rides so much better while towing. The engine brake was not what I was expecting either. I'm used to a big truck where ya let off and it kicks in. These things only seem to work down hill. At least my truck does. But over all I love it

Attachments

• 2B4F914D-2DE1-469B-AB7A-22104A527CE1.jpeg
    2B4F914D-2DE1-469B-AB7A-22104A527CE1.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 129
We'll time to eat a little crow, towed my rig twice so far and the 6.7 truly shines towing,I always felt my load behind and take offs were sluggish. Well that 6.7 don't give a **** it just goes. Pretty impressed with it, plus it rides so much better while towing. The engine brake was not what I was expecting either. I'm used to a big truck where ya let off and it kicks in. These things only seem to work down hill. At least my truck does. But over all I love it
Agreed on riding smoother with a load than unloaded. Engine brakes on the Fords are pretty blah in comparison the engine brakes on Rams. The Rams operate more like you mentioned from a semi.

Agreed on riding smoother with a load than unloaded. Engine brakes on the Fords are pretty blah in comparison the engine brakes on Rams. The Rams operate more like you mentioned from a semi.
Have to agree with you on that. My ol man has a 20 6.7 F350. The 10 speed and power pulling a loaded trailer was effortless. I almost like it better. The engine brake is subpar compared to my Ram. I despise the Ford radio/user interface and aluminum body. Im sticking with that for my reasoning for not getting one in the first place.

If I was buying a HD gas burner, I'd get the smaller v8 and deal with revving the piss out of it and hating life towing anything more than a single rig on a single car trailer. Then I'd get tired of having a HD truck that can't do HD things and go buy a diesel. Then get tired of looking at the big chunk of $ sitting in the driveway not getting used, and go back to a cheap beater 1/2 ton. Then start looking for a diesel again because you can't even haul a lawnmower without the trans acting funny and the brakes fading...

And here we are.
This hit home for sure

Latest posts