• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Line locks

baldduck74

Go too brand for line locks, which brand has heald up the best over time offroad?
Will be plumbing 1 per axle, and if I can make it happen they will be inside the cab area.

Are you wanting a manual one, like a ball valve, or an electronic one? I feel like electronic is easier to plump, but in an open buggy, it might not matter.

Electric, yeah plumbing won't be to hard, and this is a truggy so they will be inside the cab, im not saying they wont ever get wet.
Was really wondering which China made name brand seems to hold up the best in the off-road

Its not what your are looking for, but speaking to longevity. I've had a mico lever lock in my rig for like 18yrs now. I can't remember what year I got it, but it was added as my parking brake when I installed d44s in ~2003-2004 time frame. It still works perfectly and is currently used as a drag brake on the rear axle.

I've had both electric and mechanical Micro Brand in heavy trucks in years past before air brakes became more the norm. Both worked fine as long as you have clean fluid in brake system. They both are water resistant. The electric version is designed to mount under the cab. The mechanical has to be plumbed to the controller adding a bit more work and a chance for leaks.

Its not what your are looking for, but speaking to longevity. I've had a mico lever lock in my rig for like 18yrs now. I can't remember what year I got it, but it was added as my parking brake when I installed d44s in ~2003-2004 time frame. It still works perfectly and is currently used as a drag brake on the rear axle.
I had a 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive square body chevy that I towed with years ago that had a Mico lock plumbed to the front brakes, helped keep the truck in place. When loading something on the trailer.

I thought about the lever style cutting brake, decided on not having another lever to have to fool with, the Mico would work to, but still another lever.