• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Little Build

hwcurtice

So, The trailer I got from DrDrae is going under a few changes.

Plans:

1. Change the decking out.

2. Get the frame RhinoLined to keep it from rusting out.

3. Put some HiWay tires on it to handle 60+ MPH. This is a maybe. I have to find out what the ones on there now are rated.

4. Put a motorcycle wheel chock on it so I can haul my bike.
(Mikey, how goes it?)

5. Put tie downs on it. (See # 4)

Pictures to follow.

WooHoo! Harold has build thread!

Pictures:

Attachments

• P1030264.JPG
    P1030264.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 323
  • P1030265.JPG
    P1030265.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 323
  • P1030268.JPG
    P1030268.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 314
  • P1030270.JPG
    P1030270.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 315
  • P1030266.JPG
    P1030266.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 315
Tipped the trailer on it's butt end last night and found that the decking is being held on by only the cross members that they are screwed into.

While I may not be able to get the composite decking for this, it makes using pressure treated wood a little easier to figure out how to get it attached. Maybe not the best way, but it seems to be holding up from what the PO had 4 years ago...

I was thinking I could slide the wood in the 'C-Frame' to make it look 'neater', but the trailer crossmembers, that are metal are kinda in the way. I'll have to see if I can't take them out as I replace the wood, or just leave it as is.

So next step is either to try and get that one warped board straight, or get new wood that is pressure treated and the right length to improve it's looks.

Still thinking of Rhino-lining it to help it last a little bit longer than most trailers. I really dislike rust...

You could take some 1.5" x 1.5" angle and add a new channel on top of the existing frame to border the boards. Weld the front and sides, and bolt the rear one on, so it's easy to replace boards later on if one rots out or breaks. :awesomework:

Sorry harold, I totaly spaced it. With the amount of length from the front edge of the trailer to the ball--will require some work to retain the bike as we had talked.

Sorry harold, I totaly spaced it. With the amount of length from the front edge of the trailer to the ball--will require some work to retain the bike as we had talked.

Do you want the trailer to make sure? I can drop it off this evening.... Maybe seeing it will make it easier to figure out?

Got home. Broke out the DeWalt and unscrewed a couple screws on the warped out board.

Screwed them back in and hey! It went flat! :awesomework:

New decking material can fawkin' wait for more funds!

Now, do I take the entire deck off and get the frame rhino-lined, or leave it on and get the entire thing done, not the surface of the deck though?

mmmmmm :stirpot:

Took the trailer to Crash's last night. He's gonna do his magic on the wheel chock so I can haul my bike around. :awesomework:

Updates next week...

Trailer sits at Mike's. I know there are other things that come first, but the waiting is a killer... :mad:

Mike! I need a price for the material you need! Or a list and I can go get it myself.... :beer:

dont build threads usually have more pictures...lol...

nice litle trailer..wtf is wrong with the decking??? shts not even rotted off yet..lol..wait..you may not be a redneck like me..carry on...

dont build threads usually have more pictures...lol...

nice litle trailer..wtf is wrong with the decking??? shts not even rotted off yet..lol..wait..you may not be a redneck like me..carry on...

If yo9u look at the last few pictures, you'll see what looks like warped wood, but all it needed was to be rescrewed down.

Anyway Mike is looking into doing some work to it so it can handle my motorcycle better, but he's kinda busy...

So all you need is a swing-down jack, a wheel chock mounted to the bed and some tie-down points?

147390_lg.gif

And a

WheelChock2.jpg

or, fancier...

WheelChock1.jpg

And a couple

00001769.jpg

Right??

At least, that's basically how I had my little trailer set up to haul bikes. Never had a problem.

So all you need is a swing-down jack, a wheel chock mounted to the bed and some tie-down points?

147390_lg.gif

And a

WheelChock2.jpg

or, fancier...

WheelChock1.jpg

And a couple

00001769.jpg

Right??

At least, that's basically how I had my little trailer set up to haul bikes. Never had a problem.

Some of that is what I plan on. It just needs some reinforcement to the frame to make it sturdier. You'd have to look under neath the wood to see what I'm talking about.

So, Mike, about that materials list.....

Latest posts