• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

GlipGlop

Better than a yard ornament. May not be much but at least it still get a workout from time to time. The LJ fought the stump for a good while.

IMG_0756.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg

GlipGlop

Actually, I am very much in the planning phase for the garage and will need to get some thoughts on tool organization and vehicle accessibility so I'm sure you will see me post some stuff here of my sketches (if allowed) to see if others have any thoughts. I have to run 100 amp line from the panel in the basement to the garage and install a subpanel so that the garage functions more as a shop space.

GlipGlop

A year into my new house and I was finally able to get some work done on the LJ again.. I ran some 10/2 wire to the garage and set up a usable 220v outlet for the welder (no more pulling the stove away from the wall and using my DIY conversion pigtail!) Man, she barely fits. Guess the ceiling needs to go upward LOL.

The LJ got some routine maintenance. Unfortunately my time frame to get everything done was tight and so I didn't take any photos. But the routine work consisted of an oil change, coolant flush, front and rear diff oil flush, new rear hub seals for the 14 bolt, driveshaft servicing, steering "fix," intake manifold cleaning, some wiring, skid plate fixes, etc. I also managed to fix the seizing front brakes and replace the Johnny Joint with a 1.25" Heim on my upper control arm. I will never run another Johnny Joint as I have exploded two now.

This all occurred simultaneously with two other vehicles getting upgrades. My brother's green TJ got a sweet new RuffStuff panhard kit to eliminate the death wobble he had. We also cut his stock front sway bar and sleeved it to make it wilder and fit better with the JK D44 width.

I also got started helping my buddy with his bone stock (for now :stir:) Liberty. The end goal is to build something similar to the BDS suspension KJ.

Everything got done just in time for a trip to Gulches.
IMG_2650.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg
IMG_2065.jpg
IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Last edited:

GlipGlop

Hoping these videos can post so everyone can see this thing in action. First Video is From Rocker Knocker, Second is from Shipwreck, done in Reverse.

Lil ugly

Good to see some information on this build again. Really like the creativity of the work you do. We will have a group up at Gulches October 8 to 11. Been awhile since i have been to the park. Interested in all the changes they have made.

GlipGlop

Good to see some information on this build again. Really like the creativity of the work you do. We will have a group up at Gulches October 8 to 11. Been awhile since i have been to the park. Interested in all the changes they have made.
The park has undergone some great changes. Brandon, Jenny and their group have done an amazing job with parking lot, access trail and camping upkeep. There is a 10pm hard curfew now due to the proximity of their neighbors. I appreciate the complements on the LJ. Be sure to drop some pictures of your trip coming up.