• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lock In Hub Info

00BIRMINGHAMTJ

Need some help here. Ive got a Ford Dana 60 front & installed the G2 lock in hubs & dynamited both this weekend. Obviously these things are not quite as tough as they claim. What is the strongest out there that some of yall on here are running or have had good luck out of. Id like to go to drive flanges but i do drive on the road like 10-20 at a time. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Yukon or stock Spicer if you have 30 spline outers.

I may have a set of spicers if your interested.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

cbrjeeper said:
Yukon hardcore

shot you a PM enjoyed riding with yall for the short period of time yesterday. gonna look into the yukon HARD CORE hubs tom. hate to shy $500 for these things if they arent gonna hold up would like to hear some more input on these or other strong brands

I think the the Yukon hubs are the best on the market right now.

They are designed to stay in the locked position if they break. Which is a cool feature. They have some really good beef internally and operate smoothly. A bit smoother out of the box than a Warn

I run 35spl prem Warns. I get long winded about everything so I'll save you the yada yada.

I personally prefer the Warns because they will break before I snap a stub or an inner. Who likes swapping an axle on the trail or even at camp? The Warns allow you to disassemble, flip the center sleeve over and keep wheeling.

To answer question, if you want the strongest 35spl lock out, Yukon is the way to go

cbrjeeper said:
Yukon hardcore

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

This is what John G. ran on all of his rigs front and rear (rear steer), IIRC he broke a 35 spline RCV once and I believe the locking hub was in tact. :dunno:

I'm a big fan of drive flanges but I understand if you need to drive on the road some, for back roading it, I would spend $200 on drive flanges and rock out , highway and stuff maybe go lock outs.

The fact that the warn defaults to locked is awesome!!
Couple good options. Spend the money now and wheel harder and longer..

cbrjeeper said:

Yukon.

The warns explode into a pile of gold pixie dust powder and chrome veneer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a set of Dynatrack locking hubs a few years ago, they would default to the lock position if they broke also. I had good luck out of them.

cbrjeeper said:

I don't think they do. A poster said he takes them apart after breaking them and flips the center sleeve over and keeps wheeling.
If you are the original buyer of the Warns, they cone with a lifetime warranty. Or atleast they did a couple years ago.

There is a long thread on pirate about Yukons. I don't think anyone posting there or here has broken a set.

tonybolton said:
broke u joint, broke axle, broke welded carrier, broke driveshaft, broke 32spline D300....... yukon hubs never phased.
How many miles of ditches did you walk to recover those funds for broken parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tonybolton said:
broke u joint, broke axle, broke welded carrier, broke driveshaft, broke 32spline D300....... yukon hubs never phased.
Boy them dirt roads and bypasses should like they are getting bad.

Zjman said:
How many miles of ditches did you walk to recover those funds for broken parts

Stole'em from Jeepoor's stash of scratched parts. He has everything powdercoated and he gives me parts he deems unusable if he finds a blemish.

jeeppoor said:
Boy them dirt roads and bypasses should like they are getting bad.

They only broke cuz campers threw rocks and sticks at me while I was digging through a trash can to find something to eat for the week.

I run Spicer's with stickies but, have installed yukons before and several of my buddies run the yukons with stickies as well and have never had a problem. Unless you have someone that can broach the Spicer's for you just grab the yukons and be done with it. Last time I wanted to have a few broached I honestly couldn't find but one person to do it and he wanted 250.00 to broach a pair. Just not worth that.

Latest posts