• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

locked (or maybe even open) Toyota 4.10 8" 3rd

@TBItoy I'm ignorant when it comes to yota stuff. Are the 3rds interchangeable front to back?

@TBItoy I'm ignorant when it comes to yota stuff. Are the 3rds interchangeable front to back?

yes

assuming you're talking about a straight axle (the 79-85 mini truck front axle, 8" ring gear, or rear axles up to 95 non-tacoma), and the FJ80 front axle (high pinion 8", but any 8" 3rd member will bolt in).

4Runners (up to 09) all had regular 8" 3rds in the rear, and will swap into the old axles.

there are at least 5-10 3rd gen 4runners in every junkyard and pull-a-part. time to go grab some 3rds.
I watch my local pick your part and if it's a 4.10,4.56 or 4.88 the third will be gone the same day it comes in the pick your part. I couldn't believe how fast they go. Now if its a 3rd gen with 3.73 or 3.90 it will be there for months.

Found one,

Bill and I are gonna do some horse trading for one.

Nick I didn't realize you could use the 'runner chunks up to 09, good to know.

The late 8" housings are slightly different. The v6 guts work in them but some little details like the flange is thicker. The original bolts end up being kinda short. I have later v6 thirds in my 1985 4runner.

If you need another 4.10 third, I probably have a one I'd part with. I'm just east of Huntsville near Gurley.

The late 8" housings are slightly different. The v6 guts work in them but some little details like the flange is thicker. The original bolts end up being kinda short. I have later v6 thirds in my 1985 4runner.

If you need another 4.10 third, I probably have a one I'd part with. I'm just east of Huntsville near Gurley.

dang, I literally have a Gurley address! I always just say Huntsville for reference.

Reactions: GSI

Latest posts