• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Lodging or cabin rentals in Harlan Ky

ole heep

Does anyone know of somewhere to stay "cabin rentals" in Harlan other than Harlan County Campground in Putney or Black Mountain cabin rentals in Everets?
Putney campground is our preference but full, and last time we went to the Black Mountain cabins wasn't a great experience. So we are looking for somewhere else to stay. We are wanting to do something around the first to middle of May for a weekend trip. We will have 6-8 people. Also we do not want to trailer to the trailhead. Any help is much appreciated.

There are some houses if your good with that, on Evarts side. Other than that and the two you mentioned that's about it as far as I know.

out of curiosity, what was your bad experience at the cabin rentals in evarts? (the ones up behind the Chevron, right?)

We have always stayed there and had nothing but the best of experiences from them...curious if things are going downhill?

We stayed there in May 2yrs ago. We had a few issues, the people that managed the property were nice but we had a bigger group with 3 cabins rented and the cabin payments got mixed up and we WAY overpaid the owner and the management both. That didn't get resolved till we left on Sunday morning. Also management were VERY pushy wanting us to buy Moonshine, that we told them multiple times that we didn't want any.

On that same trip we had someone just walk into our cabin with no shirt and a 10"-12" knife on his side and pretty much made himself at home. Needless to say we "helped" him out of our cabin with us having possession of the knife!!! That wasn't managements fault but that almost ended REALLY REALLY BAD for that person!!!! Remember we were in Harlan! Anything was possible.

My other issue was the driveway was washed out and very steep. My tow rig is a 2wd crew cab diesel dually that gets stuck on flat ground. Lack of parking was the other problem.
Maybe things have changed, but that is not a place I care to go back to.

I've stayed here a few times, no issues. Close to the trail head, and plenty of parking.

https://sites.google.com/site/powhiteboy/

I have stayed on Putney side Harlan County Campground 3 times and no issues at all.
Management was very good tooo.
I am just looking for some other options since they are full. It's nice to leave your vehicle & gear and not have to worry or think about something happening to it.

Id have to find his card, but the guy that does welding in town has a really nice rental house on top of his garage.

Cant for the life of me think of the name though.

01tj said:
I've stayed here a few times, no issues. Close to the trail head, and plenty of parking.

https://sites.google.com/site/powhiteboy/
I have heard good things about him. I have tried to stay with him a couple of times and always seems full when we wanna go. I will give him another shot.

Craig_c said:
Id have to find his card, but the guy that does welding in town has a really nice rental house on top of his garage.

Cant for the life of me think of the name though.

His name is Larry, but i cant find any listing for him. My dad has stayed there before.

LBarr2002 said:
His name is Larry, but i cant find any listing for him. My dad has stayed there before.
Larry Is he over by the Depot? I just talked to Powhiteboy James and he is booked. He gave me Larry's number 606-837-3775. But James said parking may be an issue with Larrys place. I am about to call him now.