• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Looking for a Good rock/ trail tire 37"

Mattman347

The 7.3L Powerstroke guy
What does everyone think about the maxis tires? I really want a "sticky" tire but don't want to go any bigger than a 37". Who all makes a competition tread in 37"? Where's the best place to get them? Goforth? I know...37" is a lame small tire but not looking to upgrade the whole drivetrain and the 36" sx tires have been working but they are super old now!

I think your only players are maxis trepadors and bfg krawlers for a true rock/trail tire.

Bfgs are significantly less expensive than the trepadors

Oh and there are 37 sticky iroks... Never seen a set. And 37 sticky trxus. Look like all terrains.

Going from a non sticky to a sticky is just like going up a few sizes, so you can expect more potential drive train failure. (if you go with a good sticky like a red). Zukimasters sami used to be on 36" TLS's, and he could beat the guts out of it and never break. Switched to 37" Reds and could not keep it together.

My opinion on stickies is the BFG red clearly has the best compound, but if yer looking for strongest sidewalls, Treps are better in that department. In my opinion, yer wasting yer money upgrading to a "sticky" if you don't go with one of those. The BFG red will always get my vote. You wanna go up some ****, get some reds. Not another tire gonna grip like a Red, 100%

rednecklights said:
The treps I have seen lately sure look like they run a little short . Any truth to that or do my eyes need calibrating '?

Jon Piper

The 37 treps I had were 35.5... Mounted and aired up

The 37 reds I had were 37 with no rims.

I was searching and found these, http://www.filthymotorsports.com/Maxxis_Creepy_Crawler_p/maxxis-creepy.htm. Upon further examination I see they are "DOT APPROVED" Tread so not really an sticky. I figured that the drivetrain might not like a true sticky tire, and I might get away with a less sticky but stickier than the sx tires I have now type of tire if that makes sense?

I have 37 inch Trepador stickies and love them. The only time I have had trouble climbing anything is when it's wet and muddy. I'm not sure how any of the other stickies do in wet conditions, but I would put my Treps up against Reds anytime on dry rock.

I have heard that the Maxxis Creepy Crawlers are pretty good tires. A few of my buddies run the Goodyear MTR's and they do really good for a non-sticky tire.

Im thinking about trying out the 37x12.50 15 Creepy Crawler, main reason is I already have the 15" bead lock rims. I can get a pretty good deal on them too. I would go Treps or Reds but this poor boy can't afford both tires AND rims. :spin:

I was originally looking for 37's for 15 inch rims too, but found a deal on the Treps so had to buy 17 inch rims. There aren't many options for 37's on 15 inch rims. Pit bull Rockers would be another tire not already mentioned.

My friend's running 37" blue lable Kralwers and he seems to have extremely good luck. The Pitbulls are another option that seem to do OK around here.

I ran a set of 37" Irok stickies for about a year and a half. I picked them up used. Going from 37" bias iroks to the stickies was night and day. I had been running the bias 37s for several years. The stickies would just grab and crawl up things that I had to hammer on to get up before, or in some cases could never get up before.

As was mentioned before, I started breaking chromoly d44 parts after the swap which lead to tons and 40" treps.

Mattman347 said:
Im thinking about trying out the 37x12.50 15 Creepy Crawler, main reason is I already have the 15" bead lock rims. I can get a pretty good deal on them too. I would go Treps or Reds but this poor boy can't afford both tires AND rims. :spin:

If you get them please post a review. I've always wanted to get a set after my Iroks are done and there aren't many reviews from the southeast on the Creepy Crawler.

Re:

Maybe I am wrong...but the comp Creepy Krawlers don't come in a 15 inch wheel

Eric Hagan......I mean Kel Lawrence

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
I was originally looking for 37's for 15 inch rims too, but found a deal on the Treps so had to buy 17 inch rims. There aren't many options for 37's on 15 inch rims. Pit bull Rockers would be another tire not already mentioned.

I bought a used set of 37" pitbull rockers and they measured 33". Did some research and it is a common problem. Wouldn't recommend them if you're wanting to stay with a true 37" tire.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
Maybe I am wrong...but the comp Creepy Krawlers don't come in a 15 inch wheel

I remember when I was looking at the creepy crawlers the description listed on their website referred to them as having a sticky rubber compound. I don't remember it having the same description as the competition Treps. I came up with the conclusion that the creepy crawlers were a softer, stickier compound than most bias tires but we're not the same as the competition compound used for the Treps. I am not sure if they offer the creepy crawlers in the same competition compound.

That's what I was thinking. I am looking for a sticky tire, maybe not as sticky as a comp trep or red, but better than the sx tires I have now. I want to do a little Better on the rocks but not break the crap out my 44. Right now I sometimes have to beat on it (as hard as my 4.0 will allow) to make it up and bounce the crap out of it on stuff I should be able to crawl. A lot of it has to do with the wore out sx tires I have now I'm sure a new set of sx tires would do good but maybe the crawlers would do better?

Re:

I think it is creepy crawly and comp creepy crawly....bit by all means do some checking. I was thinking both were dot legal, but not recommended due to bias ply and the compound