• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Low fuel pressure on the VP44...

NotMatt

What are the upgrades to help out with this little problem... I've heard of adding inline pumps, converting the lift pump to be in the tank instead of in the engine bay, and also the FASS setup... somebody give me the skinny... if I want to do it "right" and am not have to ever worry about it again, what should I go with?

I plan on making more power in the future... and the fact that my fuel pressure light flicked on for a second tonight during a "spirited romp" from close to a dead stop to 60mph tonight, I want to make sure I have the fuel pressure/volume to keep the VP44 happy with more power and a heavy right foot.

I was told the FASS upgrade will difinitively fix the problem. I can't back the up with any facts though... Just what I was told.

The FASS pump is the way to go...been running mine for just about a year and it came with a 4 year warranty.

I believe it's good up to about 400-500 rwhp and mine runs about 22psi idle and about 15psi WOT

The factory fix is an in-tank unit that is low pressure/high volume. I'd rather do the FASS as it'll work for mor HP and is way easier to get at being mounted external to the tank.

If you have a low pressure issues right now you'd better get them fixed...your VP44 could allready be on it's way out.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to start looking into the FASS. Anybody have any good vendors they would recommend when I get ready to purchase?

My understanding is that the pump is only in danger when the pressure is below 5 psi on a sustained basis... or am I completely wrong on that one? The LED flicked on for maybe a split second, I wouldn't have even noticed it had it not been at night. That was probably the most I've been on the pedal with that since I bought it. Am I correct in assuming it's probably fine to drive it to work and back for now as long as I'm a little easier on it and I don't make that light turn on again with my right foot? :D

for the fass call eric at vulcan

To purchase, contact:
Eric Cordova
8612 NE 152nd Ave
Vancouver, WA. 98682
(360) 885-1895
[email protected]

Get the fass and big line kit...You'll be good to go...

The VP is a crap shoot you may mees it up with seconds of low pressure or it could be fine...wait till it dies and worry about it then...get rid of the led and get a gauge...do not get the in tank fuel pump they are garbage..

Fass is ok but there are other options. I am going to throw a carter pump on mine but as for now I have the upgraded in tank pump now...

Jobless said:
Go checkout TDR or Northwest Bombers for more info.

Crash,
Why you going to run two pumps?

Because its a vp44 :D And I don't wanna replace it any time soon,lol...

Lucky Jeff said:
that's more then most people on here would ever want to fight with.

I agree... that's more that I'm ready to dive into on a rig I just paid a considerable sum of money for and am still learning about. :D

Wierd... how the heck did that post up there from me end up BEFORE the others including the one I quoted? Rats... the time is all screwed up, that's probably why.

[EDIT]: And this one too...

NotMatt said:
Wierd... how the heck did that post up there from me end up BEFORE the others including the one I quoted? Rats... the time is all screwed up, that's probably why.

[EDIT]: And this one too...

Stop quoting answers to your questions before you ask them... weirdo :redneck: :redneck: :redneck: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Cam and Mechanical fuel pump... pretty much indestrucable, and you have to be running crazy horse power to need more fuel than that will supply...

82toyomud said:
Cam and Mechanical fuel pump... pretty much indestrucable, and you have to be running crazy horse power to need more fuel than that will supply...
that's more then most people on here would ever want to fight with.