• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Lifters

SkinnyPedalRacing

I have read where a lot of people change out lifters in an LS to the GM LS7 lifters, but then have read where they can have issue with a higher lift cam; IE: .600 and up. Sometimes they would leak down and noisy.

Are lifters with link bars worth the added cost. Morel #5290 or LS7 factory work well enough?

I'm sure you'll get more answers soon enough. But I have used LS7 lifters a few times and seen no problems even with aftermarket higher lift cams. It has been my experience that the LS7 lifters are a cheap way to fix factory lifters that bleed down and make noise.

GM went to the "LS7" lifters as OEM for all LS based engines years ago unless equipped with DOD/AFM. I just can't remember when exactly. I believe i also read that the newer LT plaform uses them. No problems with them with pretty wild cams. The link bar style would probably be great in a high-RPM situation. GM performance also has the Cadillac race lifters made to exceed 7000RPM, but I've read where people have had issues with low oil pressure at low RPM with them.