• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LS Water Pumps going bad

I just had this exact problem with a new AutoZone pump, I had about 10 min on It and it came apart. I bought a new Delco off rock auto for around $100. I'm installing it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Makes sense though, higher rpms means increased pressure. If you have any restriction in flow throughout the system this could cause an increase in pressure at the pump which results in blowing the back out of it as the weak point.

Re: Re: LS Water Pumps going bad

kmcminn said:
You got an fittings on your pump?
I put a fitting in at the top for my steam vent, right beside the radiator upper hose

Never had an issue. But I've only ran GM water pumps. No fancy fittings, just good ol stock configuration.

kmcminn said:
I have been hearing of guys welding a plate to the back of the pump to hold the plug in.

7+ years between a stock 6.0 & now an L33 5.3, I've never had to do anything fancy with the water pump. BUT I don't have all the horse power some of the folks do either......so what do I know! LOL

I know Lori's is AN20 and 2 different WPs (truck and F-Body) have been on it without issue.

Does anyone see a problem with this for my steam port? I wouldn't think it would build anymore pressure but wanted to ask the pros
c8efc9ac3539ff68a6aa714b73c5a6bc.jpg

Yeah I don't really see the need for all the drilling tapping on the pump I'm running stock pump with a t stat and never had an issue but hey what do I Kno as well do what works for you!!!!

30th6 said:
Does anyone see a problem with this for my steam port? I wouldn't think it would build anymore pressure but wanted to ask the pros
c8efc9ac3539ff68a6aa714b73c5a6bc.jpg

Mine is done that way and attached to the crossover vent tube. It is designed to Suck out the air from the crossover steam ports.

ADMINISTRATOR

30th6 said:
I don't have a port in my radiator for my steam port, where did you connect yours

I installed this adapter in the center of my upper radiator hose. I run my automatic fan controller temp sensor to it and I drilled and tapped another hole in it to connect my steam port hose to.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/atm-2283

Attachments

• radiator hose adapter ATM-2283_HL.jpg
    radiator hose adapter ATM-2283_HL.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 226
I've ran my new Delco pump tapped for the steam port for a hour or so with full throttle runs with no problems.
No more AutoZone water pumps for me

I have factory one for now, I will find out next weekend a little little better. Been running up and down the roads and letting it idle a lot, it stays at 210°