• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LSFest East - Bowling Green, KY September 7-9, 2018

ridered3

Not Rigless
Anyone going to the LSFest "East" in Bowling Green, Kentucky this weekend?

https://www.lsfest.com/bowling-green/faq/

Holley's eighth annual LS Fest kicks off September 7-9, 2018 at Beech Bend Raceway in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The event is centered around GM's popular LS engine, and welcomes any and all vehicles equipped with an LS engine (or late model LT), whether originally installed or installed as a modification to an existing vehicle. The event has grown each year and now brings over 25,000 LS gearheads, participants, and spectators together for the performance filled three-day event!

This year's event includes:

Autocross
3S Challenge
Drift Challenge
Burnout competition
Drag Racing Classes
Road Course Challenge
Dyno Challenge
LS Engine Bolt-On Challenge
Show-N-Shine Competition
Track X
Countryside Cruise Digital Scavenger Hunt
A large vendor midway and much more!

What are the dates for Holley LS Fest?

September 7, 8, 9, 2018. LS Fest has historically been held the weekend after Labor Day since the inaugural year.

How Do I Attend as a Spectator?

Spectators may purchase tickets at the gate. Tickets are $20/day for each day. Children 16 and under are free. A $5 military discount will be granted with the presentation of a valid military photo I.D. Discounted military tickets must be purchased onsite.

All registration/check in located at Beech Bend Amusement Park Pavilion.
What are the show hours?

Spectator show hours:

Friday, Sept. 7: 8:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 8: 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 9: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

BG is about 30 mins from me. I'll probably be in my shop working but if a few folks are going, I may check it out. I went a few years back. Eric Miller had his ultra 4 buggy in the PAC booth. Pretty sure it was his first "production" chassis. They let him have a few rips around the short course.

ridered3 said:
Anyone from here go to LS Fest "East"? We did not end up making the trip up to watch.

Yep..headed down , got to watch some qualifying but the rain shut it down on Sunday. My coworkers brother owns and drives the blue Camaro you see all over UTube totued as being the fasted F body manual trans car in the world and I wanted to support him.

He had some troubles working out the bugs on his new TSP 427 & huge single turbo..did pull of his best pass ever @ 7.98 on a shitty track.

JeffH454 said:
Yep..headed down , got to watch some qualifying but the rain shut it down on Sunday. My coworkers brother owns and drives the blue Camaro you see all over UTube totued as being the fasted F body manual trans car in the world and I wanted to support him.

He had some troubles working out the bugs on his new TSP 427 & huge single turbo..did pull of his best pass ever @ 7.98 on a shitty track.

I watched a Cleetus McFarland video on the YouTubes and it showed Cleetus up against your buddies Camaro. Camaro red lit on that run (shown at 14:54) but had heard mention of his 7.98 earlier in the day.

Leroy Takes on LS Fest 2018! His New Engine is INSANELY Fast!

ridered3 said:
I watched a Cleetus McFarland video on the YouTubes and it showed Cleetus up against your buddies Camaro. Camaro red lit on that run (shown at 14:54) but had heard mention of his 7.98 earlier in the day.

Leroy Takes on LS Fest 2018! His New Engine is INSANELY Fast!

The video doesn't do it justice .. it still looks like a 11 second car with interior and most of the steel body. Ray runs a faceplated t56 and absolutely rows the gears!

Best part is the two step is scary loud.

JeffH454 said:
The video doesn't do it justice .. it still looks like a 11 second car with interior and most of the steel body. Ray runs a faceplated t56 and absolutely rows the gears!

Best part is the two step is scary loud.

That's really cool. Will have to look for more videos of that Camaro.

ridered3 said:
That's really cool. Will have to look for more videos of that Camaro.

His name is Ray Bulach... super nice , low key guy. His in car video shows how he cuts the trans no slack.

JeffH454 said:
His name is Ray Bulach... super nice , low key guy. His in car video shows how he cuts the trans no slack.

Watching Cleetus' videos makes me feel for the Clutch/Trans combos. I know race Clutch/Trans are built for it but I still have mechanical sympathy for those items.