• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LSx fuel plumbing diagram

onetoncrawler

so i have a 255 pump, filter/regulator, and a fuel cell with 2 fittings. hooking up to a 5.3 vortec
couple of questions

1. anyone have a diagram for plumbing everything with the return and all
2. is a vent necessary for these systems?
3. if a vent is required can i put a y off of the return or will i have to add a fitting to the cell?

I think you are right Matt, and i think this would be a good time to add the ball valve vent port to meet Xorra rules

I guess the thing that is confusing me the most is I have seen some people post a diamgram of the regulator after the fuel rails that splits off to the return, since my regulator is built into the filter i obviously dont want to run it after the rails unless i install a pre-filter

[attachment deleted by admin]

my system comes out of the tank to the 255 pump then to the filter/reg and the return goes to the tank and one line straight to the motor. then i would add the ball valve vent and call it done

i might have some pics in my build of my fuel system its setup the same way yours will be if not i can take some and post them just let me know thumb.gif

onetoncrawler said:
I guess the thing that is confusing me the most is I have seen some people post a diamgram of the regulator after the fuel rails that splits off to the return, since my regulator is built into the filter i obviously dont want to run it after the rails unless i install a pre-filter

What is "it" in the above statement?

J. J.

JJ i looked through all your post on Pirate thinking i would see some info but didnt find what i was looking for.

the it i was talking about was the filter/regulator

does this look correct???

[attachment deleted by admin]

hinton said:
my system comes out of the tank to the 255 pump then to the filter/reg and the return goes to the tank and one line straight to the motor. then i would add the ball valve vent and call it done

i might have some pics in my build of my fuel system its setup the same way yours will be if not i can take some and post them just let me know thumb.gif

couldnt find any pics in your thread but if you get time that would be great!. Thanks thumb.gif

jrhall said:
Why dont ya just l;ook on my jeep.... It is the same setup you will have :wtflol:

idk.... lol .. i didnt have your jeep at work when i was trying to figure that **** out :****:

i figured it would be general knowledge that would be posted everywhere on the net :flipoff1:

Don't 5.3's have the regulator built into the fuel rail? Mine does and the return comes off the fuel rail right next to the supply inlet. The LS1 has a seperate regulator and you can mount it next to cell and have a short return. This is all on earlier model motors that I have delt with.

The reason there's not many diagrams on the net is because there's a million different ways you can do it. But the diagram you drew looks like a stock LS1 setup which should work fine and is what I'd say 90% of the folks out there do.

J. J.

Toddy said:
Don't 5.3's have the regulator built into the fuel rail? Mine does and the return comes off the fuel rail right next to the supply inlet. The LS1 has a seperate regulator and you can mount it next to cell and have a short return. This is all on earlier model motors that I have delt with.

If I'm not mistaken anything after 03 the regulator was in the pump and there is no return line on the rail.

Thanks guys, mine is a 99-00 model... ill look at JR's and get it figured out. if something is different from the diagram i drew i will fix it and post it back for future reference

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
If I'm not mistaken anything after 03 the regulator was in the FILTER and there is no return line on the rail.

I think this is what you meant ...

J. J.

onetoncrawler said:
Thanks guys, mine is a 99-00 model... ill look at JR's and get it figured out. if something is different from the diagram i drew i will fix it and post it back for future reference

your regulator should be on the rail already. my 02 5.3 is that way.

yep it seems that the kit i bought is for an ls1 which requires the regulator, but the gen III motors have the regulator built into the fuel rail

so i guess i will give my filter/regulator to a friend who will be running a LS2 in his buggy.....if it needs one :dunno: