• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

LTBs vs snow?

CentralGrand

Lookin at some 34x10.5 Super Swamper LTBs..... Anyone have your 2cents on them from personal experiance or from a friend on LTBs in general???? Concerned about snow performance.... :corn:

Last edited:
I personally don't have the 34's, but do run the 33x13.5 LTB's and love 'em; Another one in our club does run the 34's on his Sami,and swears by 'em!!! hope that helps.......I'd buy 'em for mine if the price is right.....

i know a guy that has them on his zuk and they practically suck in the snow. a zuk with 31 10.5's was kicking his ass.

he had a very hard time staying on the trail and was wondering everywhere. they dont float well

I think they don't float well cause they are only 10.5 wide.

My 36 x 12.5 tsl's on 8" wheels suck in the snow.. but on 10" rims they do OK

I had them on my Taco and hated them in the snow. At 0psi then didn't ballon (truck only weighs 3500lbs) which resulted in digging. On every other surface they rocked. I dumped them after a year and went with 36" bias IROKs.

i know a guy that has them on his zuk and they practically suck in the snow. a zuk with 31 10.5's was kicking his ass.
he had a very hard time staying on the trail and was wondering everywhere. they dont float well

I wouln't say that........Well maybe I would.. :redneck:

Even aired down to nothing they still did not want to float. I went around him with my 31's aired down and opened up that section of road for us to continue.

Now in mud he could say he kicked my butt all day long. But even at elbe he has problems on the hill climbs were there are rocks or roots.

Last edited:
i have them on my jeep and they suck in the deep snow, all they wanna do is dig down and find solid ground cause they are soo narrow and dont bulge at all

to get them to a low enough pressure to do me any good i would loose beads as well

Thanks guys... I figured as much. From what I've seen most Swampers suck in snow cause they do dig too much. Oh well the size and price is right for me, so maybe I'll just have to make some chains :redneck: No biggie.

One more vote for LTB's sucking in the snow:mad:
33x13.50 on 15x8
Good tires otherwise, I've wheeled the piss out of them but snow seems to be the poorest traction. Air WAY down, they don't like cold.

I don't know about all LTB sizes but I'de like to meet the guy who can keep up with Carl Jantz with his 47" LTB's in the snow.

I don't know about all LTB sizes but I'de like to meet the guy who can keep up with Carl Jantz with his 47" LTB's in the snow.

LOL....

find me a set of 49's to borrow, and I'll let ya shake my hand...

:redneck: :flipoff:

i have them on my jeep and they suck in the deep snow, all they wanna do is dig down and find solid ground cause they are soo narrow and dont bulge at all

to get them to a low enough pressure to do me any good i would loose beads as well

No, you have the old school "special service" 34x9.50 swamps. :;

The 10.50's are to narrow to float and just dig. Especially if you have allot of motor turning them.

Last edited:
No, you have the old school "special service" 34x9.50 swamps. :;

The 10.50's are to narrow to float and just dig. Especially if you got allot of motor turning them.

shhhhh nobody ius suppose to know that, i dont know if they even make them anymore unfortunently:mad:

shhhhh nobody ius suppose to know that, i dont know if they even make them anymore unfortunently:mad:

They still do...

I have the 34ltb that I bought a while back, I run them in the summer, and they do good, I like a skinny tire... but they are not even close as tall as my set of 34 9.5s... I was unhappy at how short they are.
I do run 36 sxs in the winter for the snow, a lot taller, of course wider....
Swampers, of course the non radials, have to air way down to get much flex on, they do fairly well in the snow, suck hind end on ice....
I have been using swampers since the , well a loooong time ago.....
I really like them, have tried some others, haven't liked them as well, but in the last few years a few new have come out that people have liked, so....

So ya figure your 34's are much closer to 33's eh? I keep gettin all these dang tires mixed up... do Swampers usually run shorter, taller or close to actual size. Like for instance the IROKs seem to run bigger. I'm mostly concerned about the LTBs... interco's site rates them almost exact. :rolleyes:

So ya figure your 34's are much closer to 33's eh? I keep gettin all these dang tires mixed up... do Swampers usually run shorter, taller or close to actual size. Like for instance the IROKs seem to run bigger. I'm mostly concerned about the LTBs... interco's site rates them almost exact. :rolleyes:

Normally swampers are pretty close to size, this is not the case in the 34 ltb, they are not even 33 of my junk... not even close to the height of a set of worn out 34 9.50 tsl that I have. To be honest, if I would have known they were going to be that short, I would have just ordered another set of 34 9.50s.
I bought them becouse they were cheaper, and I wanted to see how they would do, and I have been happy other then the height of them. I can run the 36 sx on my junk clearance wise, but like a little smaller tire in the dry sticky time to keep my junk going in the summer.
One thing to keep in mind, if you DD run them like I do, they will remind you every morning that they are not a radial, but I have ran bias pretty much forever, so I am used to it.

Mine measured out to 32.5 new, unmounted. :eeek:

now.. (hold on a sec) ~ (damn it's cold and wet out there) they are about 32.5 with some miles on them... :eeek:

I feel jipped... but they are cheap. :cheer:

Haha... I read some reviews that guys swore they were oval instead of round cause they road like so much $hit. :haha: It's definatly not for a DD which is why now I can go a lil more agressive than BFG muds:redneck: I'm just gonna miss them in the snow.... I finally got a DD :cheer:

If your goin for a 36 inch and under tire for the snow the mud terrains perfrom awsome bfg or mtr or toyo. When you start goin over that gumbo mudders or iroks unless you want to cut new tires.