• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

M&M Offroad 4 seater

mpistolpj

I had a question from here the other day if we had built a 4 seater and thought i would post up the full roller we built for a Nc customer. Customer is doing a great job on the finish interior work, plumbing and wireing.
5.3 with ls goodies,th350,atlas,60,14bolt

CIMG0203.jpg

CIMG0212.jpg

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0229.jpg

CIMG0353.jpg

CIMG0360.jpg

CIMG0406.jpg

CIMG0414.jpg

IMG00606_2.jpg.w560h420.jpg

IMG00607_2.jpg.w560h420.jpg

IMG00611.jpg.w560h420.jpg

IMG00612.jpg.w560h420.jpg

IMG00614_3.jpg.w560h420.jpg

Multiple reasons for having upper mounts a little longer than just standard weld on mounts.. Yeah, some of it is that the 14" ori's are shorter overall than compressed coilovers. But also the tall hoops give you better angle to mount the strut right under the tube. (things get tight very fast with the way i pie cut the fj hoods. Also This is the strongest way to mount them. Right on the bottom of the tube, not hangin off the side. the other is that the rad was limiting uptravel a little so we had to add some length to the upper mounts to keep upper link mounts from contacting rad. We ran a large rad on this rig so he should have no cooling issues. The mounts are 1/4" thick and have a hole with dom tubing in them for supoort. Plus i like to see a little tube coming out of the hood... Thanks for the comments... PJ

This is my buggy. PJ did a hell of a job on the chassis, suspension, and drivetrain! I'm finishing it up now. I'm in the middle of wiring it, and taking it to get plumbed this weekend.

If you're thinking about having a chassis built I would highly recommend M&M Offroad. PJ is doing some top notch fab work at great prices.

mpistolpj said:
Multiple reasons for having upper mounts a little longer than just standard weld on mounts.. Yeah, some of it is that the 14" ori's are shorter overall than compressed coilovers. But also the tall hoops give you better angle to mount the strut right under the tube. (things get tight very fast with the way i pie cut the fj hoods. Also This is the strongest way to mount them. Right on the bottom of the tube, not hangin off the side. the other is that the rad was limiting uptravel a little so we had to add some length to the upper mounts to keep upper link mounts from contacting rad. We ran a large rad on this rig so he should have no cooling issues. The mounts are 1/4" thick and have a hole with dom tubing in them for supoort. Plus i like to see a little tube coming out of the hood... Thanks for the comments... PJ
I agree completely on mounting the shock under the tube, I've done the same on the last 4 rigs. I fought and fought on the Fusion I'm working on now to keep the shock mounts under the hood and ended up getting it done by 1/4". The whole time Copperhead42 is looking at it and telling me I'm retarded and need to have that hoop through the hood, it looks better and faster laughing1
Looks good

blacksheep10 said:
The whole time Copperhead42 is looking at it and telling me I'm retarded and need to have that hoop through the hood, it looks better and faster laughing1
Looks good

It does ;D Maybe when you have a race car like the rest of us you will see. O ya and hoops through the hood could save your hood in a roll

InDaShop said:
Yeah I went through a STACK of hoods. Only one grill, but a stack of hoods.
I think I had some fiberglass in my bike bags after the Attica trip and my bike ride around the SE.

My name is Wyatt and I drive by braille :flipoff1: