• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mall Crawler Tech

money_pit_yj

I know this is a forum of Hardcore wheelers and fabricators but I thought I would give it a shot before I went to WTO to get their opinion.....

Bought my wife an LJ for her semi daily driver. Right now it has Cooper STT pro mud tires and American racing wheels. I am going to sell those and go to a 16" wheel and a less aggressive tire.

;D ;DWhile this is not a fore sell ad, they can be bought and have a ton of tread left. ;D ;D

I still like the black wheel look, is that still a thing?

Speakers suck, so how does one make a soft top wrangler sound good?
Any good interior hacks to make driving a jeep more convenient?
I am also getting a hi lift jack powder coated to match and going to mount it vertically in the center of the hood.....how would one do that?

money_pit_yj said:
I know this is a forum of Hardcore wheelers and fabricators but I thought I would give it a shot before I went to WTO to get their opinion.....

Bought my wife an LJ for her semi daily driver. Right now it has Cooper STT pro mud tires and American racing wheels. I am going to sell those and go to a 16" wheel and a less aggressive tire.

;D ;DWhile this is not a fore sell ad, they can be bought and have a ton of tread left. ;D ;D

I still like the black wheel look, is that still a thing?

Speakers suck, so how does one make a soft top wrangler sound good?
Any good interior hacks to make driving a jeep more convenient?
I am also getting a hi lift jack powder coated to match and going to mount it vertically in the center of the hood.....how would one do that?

I run black wheels idk if it's cool or not but i like black steelies
Soft top sound good? ha. I couldnt keep speakers in mine when it was my dd. The sony ones did ok and sounded ok and lasted mehhh
That's my .02

I ran Rockford component speakers(4x6 in dash, tweeters on top of dash, and 6x9's in wedges in those plastic wedges that fit around the roll cage behind the front seats) in my tj, two diamond audio 10's in a prorox box behind the back seat on a Rockford 1200(probably 600rms). I think I had a clarion head unit. It sounded amazing. I don't care if I had the top off or on.

Granted, that was 10 years ago and they have stepped up the audio game quite a bit for boats and everything.

Currently I have in my pile of crap to install, two sets of tower speakers, a Pyle hydra 4ch amp, pioneer deck, and am hunting a bazooka sub for my cherokee(no body, all open air). I expect it to be plenty for what I want.

Buy a sound bar for it and don't look back. They are pricey but you'll get the best sound that way and it's one and done.

Black wheels will always be cool on Jeeps. Especially if it's red.

LJ's are freaking awesome but everything for them is expensive. I also bought one for my wife.

I've got some LJ parts I bought prematurely and won't be using on hers. Clayton 3 link front, 4 link triangulated rear, and a set of gen right corners with mounting holes for flares. Lemme know if you are interested! And post some pictures. I love me some LJ's.

I miss my LJ. Drives nicer than a TJ so not too bad for a short wheelbase Jeep.

I agree on the soundbar option. Just easier that way. There are articles explaining how you can upgrade all 4 speaker locations in a TJ/LJ and put bigger speakers in those locations for fairly cheap, but then you still have to do a head unit. Much easier to just do a soundbar.

Send me a pic of the current wheels and tires, I may be interested. Thanks

Love me some LJ's too! If there was one thing I would change about my Jeep is I would have waited till 2005 and got a LJ. They are the the Scrambler of future Jeeps due to the low production numbers and will be worth quite a bit of money down the road.

Here it is as it sits. I bought a hard top but will probably not put it on until next year. It needs a good cleaning but it is pretty nice. I'm going to put new front seats as well. Text me about the tires if you want. 731-780-7212

661e8228e7a34d9b9e110e5a0858cb47.jpg
2e22cfed0b0ce67d9b77d3e5634bca5d.jpg
42b8146a44ae2f1f5c16350d4e6221c7.jpg
63ee70f853480d388293900d8ed48b96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a cherry. If it has been wheeled much, it wasn't in the rocks.

Black wheels on white jeeps looks great! Black armor and highline fenders!

creepycrawly said:
Looks like a cherry. If it has been wheeled much, it wasn't in the rocks.

Black wheels on white jeeps looks great! Black armor and highline fenders!

he's in mud-whomper land... that things been up to the headlights in stank water in the bottoms at least thrice.