• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis Razr MT tires

Rides smooth now, noticed a slight vibration around 75 on the short drive on the interstate earlier, but anything under that was super smooth. Of course, that's all gonna depend on who's balancing them. I didn't look to see how much weights were put on, got em on and had to go to work. But I did ask the guy and he said "Well they're holding some weights, but they ended up zeroing out...". Noise is comparable to the Trail Grapplers I had in the same size on the FJ. You can hear em but it's not as loud as the Federal Couragia MT's I had on my old 3/4 ton.

Can def tell a power loss from increased diameter and weight, but it's not too bad. Mpg's will probably take a hit, but not too worried about that since I have my car as primary vehicle.

Re: Re: Maxxis Razr MT tires

I like the same color door handles, fender flares, and junk also, did that to my GMC
TBItoy said:
now it just needs:
-black lower bumper valence thing 05+ were black instead of gray (not the most bottom air dam thing, throw that away)
-body color door handles
-non-work truck grille with body color "U" and paint the honey comb black
-rear fenderwells blacked out
:stir:

looks good

have you got the keys cranked all the way yet?
4bfe137bb08da55bb0f88c83c2084f42.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Update, really surprised how quiet these tires are. I'd say they are just as quiet as the Trail Grapplers I had for sure. They have a slight vibration in them at certain speeds, I'd bet mainly due to flunky that balanced them. I really wanted to buy wheels and tires from the same seller so that they would come in mounted and balanced already and I wouldn't have to let a local shop do it, as I have had good luck with pre-mounted and balanced tires from large online dealers in the past.....I'll probably keep driving it and if it gets worse, have them rebalanced somewhere else. Let me reiterate, it's not shaking like hell or anything. Also I think it is one or both of the rear tires because I feel it in the seat and not the steering wheel. But for what it is and what they are, it's nothing to be disatisfied over.

Also took approximately a 1.5 mpg hit due to increase circumference and weight. Again, to be expected. Still happy with them though! Removed the lower valance off the front bumper and trimmed the remaining bumper plastic and no more rubbing at all whatsoever lock to lock. So I am probably not going to lift it at all. I still have a little left in the torsion keys in it now that would make it perfectly level, so I may do that soon, but that would be purely for cosmetics.

onetoncrawler said:
JD were they road force balanced? That seems to be the ticket, especially with aftermarket wheels

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I really don't know, didn't really think to ask. Was more less just crossing my fingers and hoping for good luck on balancing. I had it done at a reputable shop but of which I am not aquainted with the folks that own and work there like I am some other shops where I just stand out there and bullshit with them while they are installing the tires. So I sat in waiting room til it was finished. If I ever do go for a rebalance one day, I will be sure to seek out a place with a road force balancer.

Well 2 years 10months later, and only 23,500 miles the Artturo's wore out. From this to this.

Final opinion is that this tire is a budget friendly tire that will sling mud if needed and gets louder the older it gets. I dont think I would buy these again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201212-105730_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20201212-105730_Firefox.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 20201212_101103.jpg
    20201212_101103.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Latest posts