• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Maxxis tire contact?...

Droopy said:
Well...they do...but it's the first time they put a deadline on the grass roots program. They change programs all the time. :dunno:

I was turned off from Maxxis because of how hard they make it to get their tires. I think KOH has swung the balance of power back to BFG, Maxxis tires were few and far between out there. When I went to my first XRRA event in 2007 I couldn't find a set of BFG's. Anyways, I am sure the Trep is a sweet tire, I have heard it is. But for the price they want I will stick with BFG's. They are easy to deal with and priced well

Matt O. said:
I was turned off from Maxxis because of how hard they make it to get their tires. I think KOH has swung the balance of power back to BFG, Maxxis tires were few and far between out there. When I went to my first XRRA event in 2007 I couldn't find a set of BFG's. Anyways, I am sure the Trep is a sweet tire, I have heard it is. But for the price they want I will stick with BFG's. They are easy to deal with and priced well

My opinion of Maxxis is exactly the opposite. I'm a total nobody when it comes to racing and approximately a year ago I was able to pick up the phone and get a set of Creepies at racer price which was around $350/tire shipped. I had them in less than a week and everyone I talked to was way cool to deal with. Fast forward 6 months, I picked up the phone again and got a set of 40" Treps in the comp compound when supposedily no one could get them. This was when you were hardly even seeing them on comp rigs. Also, they were no where near 2k a set shipping included. I'm talking sets of 4 here not 5 just to be clear.

You must of sweet talked the right person. I tried a few years back and nobody gave a ****. This was after Creighton said I could call and get a set....

redneckengineered said:
My opinion of Maxxis is exactly the opposite. I'm a total nobody when it comes to racing and approximately a year ago I was able to pick up the phone and get a set of Creepies at racer price which was around $350/tire shipped. I had them in less than a week and everyone I talked to was way cool to deal with. Fast forward 6 months, I picked up the phone again and got a set of 40" Treps in the comp compound when supposedily no one could get them. This was when you were hardly even seeing them on comp rigs. Also, they were no where near 2k a set shipping included. I'm talking sets of 4 here not 5 just to be clear.
I kind of have the same story. I just happened to buy a rig with Maxxis on them. Called and talked to Brad and told him I was running XRRA this year. He said no problem and Chad contacted me right away. As soon as I paid my XRRA fees and was committed I got the contract as soon as it came out. And yes, my price for a set of 4 Trepadors is well under $2k.

I've heard a million different stories...good and bad about talking to them. I see both sides.

I guess it is all about who you catch on a given day and how they feel. I jumped through all the hoops, submitted the app, told it was just required and no big deal. Then the guy in charge said I had to run a series to run their tires. Oh well. BFG is easy, send them results of where you competed in an event and you are in. Pretty easy

..............................Boy would I like to jump right on in here,....................................................but I'm going to keep it to myself and enjoy the yeng yangin..........

:flipoff1:

POPS58 said:
..............................Boy would I like to jump right on in here,....................................................but I'm going to keep it to myself and enjoy the yeng yangin..........

:flipoff1:

You and Creighton looked like yall were best friends at KOH. molaugh

We just GOOD OLD LIEING BUDDIES... :****: It's all just shitunder Uh Oh i mean water under the bridge.If had not been for Victor and BFG we would not made it to KOH.When he walked over my first thought was .............. :gtfo:.............Just joshin it's all forgotten,over and done with....... :wtflol:

Latest posts