• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mercedes Mike build by CCE

muddinmetal said:
I wasn't thinking of this rig. There used to be a buggy on 49 irocs and rocks that used to ride around GR around 2005 ish and I thought the owners name was Mike

I think the one you are thinking of is now owned by Redneck Jimmy Mathis. He's had buggy Mikes old buggy for years now. Maybe that's the one you're thinking about?

ADMINISTRATOR

Hi, it's my pleasure to join this forum. Anyways, I bought the build from Mike several months ago and have been saving up money to get going on it. I havn't really made any progress other than starting on a firewall and getting my garage ready/ buying tools for the rest of the build.

And my lack of computer proficiency is not helping me post pics.

bbone, what's the easiest way to post pics on here?

seandlane said:
And my lack of computer proficiency is not helping me post pics.

bbone, what's the easiest way to post pics on here?
I use tap a talk app on phone. I don't like it for actual reading on the forum but it's the easiest way to post pics for me

Re: Re: Mercedes Mike build by CCE

BUG-E J said:
I use tap a talk app on phone. I don't like it for actual reading on the forum but it's the easiest way to post pics for me
Firewall that I started... Will be removable in sections for ease of access.
240ed5482f0dfc9ae031328de1f99986.jpg
13482799df758bc5a23243dd977c2888.jpg
46b039809454b19ba8596e52ea325790.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

My next step is to move it from my driveway into my garage. so it'll be out of the weather and stop rusting.

Finally! Got it in the garage and started some work. Mainly working on the passenger side floor/firewall right now, which will be removable in pieces.

Also, got a quote from Wide Open Design on a retubed 14bolt for the front. Trussed, ARB, 5.13s, Crane inners and outers with arms, 3/4 ton hubs and brakes, RCV shafts. I want to make it reliable.
05579dba33e014f836cf11e76954052d.jpg
3cf717ae755f77c2e47556d6f49e5386.jpg
e803ca44e76454bd148c7c31c242e900.jpg

Six bolts and the floorplan comes out... After removing seat.

When I was making it, I tacked some pieces on the chassis to help hold it.
3f06dc8b63dec5f68f5423182c227e29.jpg

The gas cans are empty, and not near as close as the picture makes them look. But your observation reminds me of two things I need:

1. A good fire extinguisher in my garage.

2. A locker or cabinet to put gas cans and flammable stuff in to keep sparks off it.

Suggestions?

Also, I was gonna ask for some advice on transmission. I'm wanting to stick with a TH350, but I'm willing to spend some money here. Right now, I've got my eyes on this:

http://www.bmracing.com/products/103005-transmission-for-4-wheel-drive-th350-gm/?mk=&yr=&md=&smd=&eng=

Or who builds really good TH350's...

Thanks

Locally there is a good shop that builds I'll get the name for you. I think more importantly is knowing:

Tire size
Gear ratio
Motor output
Transfer case ratio

Which all plays into:
Tourque Converter

Awesome, because I'm not exactly sure on some of that yet.
I'm planning on switching to 42" TSL's... Edit-NO, ACTUALLY 43 STICKIES, may as well do it right.

Sticking with 5.13's

Motor output... I'll talk to Benning machine works when I take it back to them to get it freshened up/ rebuilt. It sat for all these years collecting condensation and no spark plugs in it. Even so, running just a single IMPCO 425 propane mixer is good for approximately just over 400, right?

Transfer case ratio... scratching my head... I think it has stock 1.96:1 low range, But dont remember if Mike had 3:1 kit... Either way what do you think is better for a trail rig rig like this? I've just never had something this light with this much power and durability. I'm wondering if 3:1 would be too slow.

For sale $3,000. Chassis, links, rear 14bolt, 383 stroker with eagle performance stuff... Roller cam etc... Needs to be freshened up because it sat for like five years. Np205, foa 14in coilovers. Th350 is cracked.

I don't have time for it right now and i need the space.

Latest posts