• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Might be buying a rc.

nickb

Start off with I'm a complete rc virgin.
I found a wraith with super swampers, pro line bead locks, all metal gears, tranny, steering and lower links. Drive line pro line metal steering knuckles electronics and dx3e control winch servo and 2 55ttrn motors... I don't know what a lot of that stuff means but I'm pumped to get this thing!

He said he has more than a grand into it. I just want something to play around with at camp and around the yard. I was kinda looking forward making all kinds of miniature parts for an rc... I'm sure I will find some cool stuff to make. First thing in gonna have to get rid of the bronco body... can't own a Ford. Haha

He said with the motors and gears it crawls more than goes fast. Can I run this thing in the snow and get it wet?

Join rccrawler.com and start reading. Yes you can waterproof what you have already and run it underwater if you want. Just be sure to check your bearings often or buy replacements periodically.

I thought about getting into Rc's awhile back, but soon learned that it's just a mini version of an already really expensive hobby. :redneck: I ran the other direction....:haha:

I thought about getting into Rc's awhile back, but soon learned that it's just a mini version of an already really expensive hobby. :redneck: I ran the other direction....:haha:

The scale size is pretty equivalent to cost. 1/10th scale is about 1/10th the cost. A grand will build a pretty bad ass bulletproof rig that will stand up to a serious beating and comp rather well.

Bought the axial today. It doesn't look much like a wraith but it's pretty sweet. I don't think there are any stock parts. High torque steering servo, 2 55 turn brushless motors, metal everything, beadlocks and irons, winch . I will take some pictures tomorrow. I think I did alright $340, for everything.

Where's the double like button!! Those pos's break more than fullsize

I'm thinking I'm going to machine a frame from aluminum then do some tube work to make it look like a buggy again.

20121025_053112_zps8789479d.jpg

20121025_053414_zps2e5bf169.jpg

20121025_053425_zps3b57d5dd.jpg

20121025_053954_zps0646c54a.jpg

20121025_053940_zpsfe70ea1a.jpg

20121025_053618_zpsede94fea.jpg

20121025_053559_zpsdb218794.jpg

You certainly didn't get hurt for the cash you paid, that's a nice rig. I can alreqdy see some things that I'd change for reliability and performance reasons but for now just have fun. :D

You certainly didn't get hurt for the cash you paid, that's a nice rig. I can alreqdy see some things that I'd change for reliability and performance reasons but for now just have fun. :D

It needs a little work.I think after elk season I'm going to build a chassis and start machining some parts.

Can I do a hi steer set up on this rather than What's on there?

It needs a little work.I think after elk season I'm going to build a chassis and start machining some parts.

Can I do a hi steer set up on this rather than What's on there?

Yea those knuckles should have a place to bolt on steering arms on the back side of them. Cut off those factory arms, swap the knuckles side to side and bolt on a set of arms from axial or vanquish products.

I have wraith steering parts on my ax10. My VP knuckles have bolt on steering arms on both sides so I have the tie rod behind the axle with the drag link out front.

IMAG0135.jpg