• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Ministry on the trail

TURNEROFFROAD said:
We have had a 'service' for the drivers at EVERY ARC race this season. I am a Christian, but will NEVER shove my faith in someone's face. As John G stated, it's voluntary and we'd never make someone attend. Every major Motorsport has this offered. We are no different.

Props to those who make the effort to have something and for those who want no part of it... I'll respect that as well

See you all at the next one!
Ty I was at chocco and also bowed my head and enjoyed the word. With that said I do not want to be approached. That's all. :)

bad80cj said:
I just don't want it so in your face like a knock on the door jahova witness style. :****:

Not my style! We will be there if you want to join and will welcome you with open arms. If you don't want to join we will just catch up later in the day and kick it and have a good time!

Holding a brief church service on sunday morning for those who want to attend is different than actually going trail riding and trying to talk strangers into Jesus. Im okay with the former, the latter is what I find inappropriate.

Re:

I think the best approach is to be yourself not try to push or force the faith on any one. You can show up have a Bible study or brief service or devotional and go ride. Toby Mac would be playing from my speakers but not blasting, I have hearing I try to protect and my children's hearing to boot. Having something more edgy and with a modern approach would be great. Also maybe some t shirts in our backs and stickers on our tow rigs and trail rigs. That's what I'm thinking but God has yet to give me a clear sign on this. So guys if you will please pray for me in this and also pray for my family. Littering the trail head with tracts and placing things on people's vehicles isn't what I would do myself, I find it irritating to find someone has lifted my wiper blade and placed things there... God gave us these great places to wheel so showing it and showing respect to our fellow wheelers which may or may not follow our faith is the best thing to do or so I think. May be all have a wonderful day and may God bless us and our families who put up with out hardline habit.

I miss the GAP and John Glass.
He often had a prayer tent on-site. If you wanted to go, great. If you didn't, that's fine too.

I was born one Sunday, in church the next.
I do not want someone approaching me anywhere trying to witness. Never been something I've appreciated.

Person A is no closer to God than Person B. While a pastor may know the word of God forward and backward, he is no closer to God than a child born with brain damage who may never read, write and comprehend.

Refrained from commenting so far...but if you're gonna quote God's name ,the proper spelling is Jehovah. That's all... :dblthumb: