• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mobile mansions

Re:

Josh.....quit making sense. I am gonna owe you a beer

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

paradisepwoffrd said:
While there still isn't a gaurenteed return, why not look into do a camper or park model? He could buy a used one for $10-20k, put a deck and cover over it. When hes done he could move it or sell for not much loss.

I think I'd do this before buying a mobile home.

Oh wait, no, I'd build a pole barn and frame in some living quarters :****:

Re:

I just look at trailers like credit cards, neither will end up benefitting me financially.

Some things are just better deemed as bad ideas and completely excluded as an option, then ponder alternative ways to achieve/obtain that which is desired.

Just my outlook, not stated to persuade, only to inform.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re:

How about building a 2 car garage with living quarters up top. Would come out about the same as buying a used trailer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Have you looked into any trailer with property foreclosures in your area? He can always build a house on the land later after living in the trailer for couple of year and save up some money.

Re: Re:

TBItoy said:
I think I'd do this before buying a mobile home.

Oh wait, no, I'd build a pole barn and frame in some living quarters :****:

That was kinda my thinking too, but he mentioned not giving him any land to build on until be proved himself.

I would build a pole shed and park a camper under/beside it.

Re:

Back up to 4 now. Fed raised the interest rate in the middle of us fawking with our new home loan, before numbers were finalized. Started out at 3.75% in loan estimate, then by the time **** got serious, it went to 4%. My current house is on 5%, but that was back in 2009 when I bought it. I didn't shop around or know what was a good or bad interested rate then either, at the ripe age of 22.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Mobile mansions

tonybolton said:
People have a mortgage? Ouch

8) :p
That's rough at 5% . May have been 09.

I put 2.5% when I bought mine @ 141k at 30 year. Threw 20k at in upgrades and had it reappraised and gained 30k, so 10k profit in a year. Refinanced it again after 1 year and dropped off PMI because I now had my 20% equity and did a 15 year, rate went down as well. Didnt cost me any money to refi out of pocket and write refi off taxes. 1.5 or years later, refi again. No money down and wrote off taxes again.

In 4.5 years I bought it for 141k, worth by my guess 185 - 190k, and owe close to 100k.

I like the camper idea but he will probably end up moving a chick in with him eventually. Living in a camper with a chick and his British lab will get old quick.
His grandmother is not giving up an acre of property anytime soon so the shop house idea is out also. That and he is not to sharp with a hammer. Lol
I have been wanting to go the shop house way myself but the wife don't see it that way.

Re:

ROKTOY829 said:
How about building a 2 car garage with living quarters up top. Would come out about the same as buying a used trailer

That's where I'm leaning. I started the self employed mortgage thread a week or so ago started rethinking and researching. Cheesy website but cool plans. I`m digging this setup. My local builder I work with said he could build this this for $45-$65/ square foot on a graded lot. Of course that doesn't include sewer and or septic.
elev.jpg

Re: Re:

KPatterson said:
That's where I'm leaning. I started the self employed mortgage thread a week or so ago started rethinking and researching. Cheesy website but cool plans. I`m digging this setup. My local builder I work with said he could build this this for $45-$65/ square foot on a graded lot. Of course that doesn't include sewer and or septic.
elev.jpg
Could also in the come off and build a actual house also. There a few around here that people build and turned the entire building into house.

Latest posts