• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mock up Atlas?

RocYJ

I'm sure most are aware of engine mock up products. They are made of plastic and used to check engine placement, exhaust clearance, and suspension clearance for 4 wheel drives.

Makes it really easy to pull, check everything, place back in, check adjustments, and pull again.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing to mock up an Atlas transfer case? Or anyone know of a used case/empty case for sale?

Advanced Adapters is saying 15 weeks for my order. They are swamped and playing catch up from the Covid shut down.

If AA will give you the dimensions, you could make one out of plywood and a jigsaw for the front and back. Then just add 2x4 or whatever you have to space it out the correct depth.

There's company that make a mock up case. I forgot the name of the company. I ended up buying 2 of them. There around 200.00 I think .I'm not using them at the moment.and don't need both,if you need 1 ill left it go for 100.00 plus the ride. It worked perfect for my build, i machined some 1450 stub shafts to get the measurement for the driveshafts and center support bearing clearance.
I don't have pictures of it by itself in the buggy,here's a few pictures that I dug up
I also have a ls mock up pryair block

Attachments

• 20181002_131918.jpg
    20181002_131918.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
  • 20200224_202407.jpg
    20200224_202407.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 20190321_124935.jpg
    20190321_124935.jpg
    626.3 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
There's company that make a mock up case. I forgot the name of the company. I ended up buying 2 of them. There around 200.00 I think .I'm not using them at the moment.and don't need both,if you need 1 ill left it go for 100.00 plus the ride. It worked perfect for my build, i machined some 1450 stub shafts to get the measurement for the driveshafts and center support bearing clearance.
I don't have pictures of it by itself in the buggy,here's a few pictures that I dug up
I also have a ls mock up pryair block
Pm'd

I just went through the same search, said screw it and ordered a whole case. If you are eventually going to need it, might as well go on and order it, especially since you will be waiting a year for them build it

I just went through the same search, said screw it and ordered a whole case. If you are eventually going to need it, might as well go on and order it, especially since you will be waiting a year for them build it
Right? That's why I would like a mock up case. Order has been placed for the Atlas, but there is a 17 week wait. I can set the engine and trans in with a mock up case in the mean time.

I would just make sure it is for the "correct" atlas that you plan on using. I went from an older regular case to a new pro series and the mount had to be changed. Just food for thought.

Flextout Motorsports has a 3d printed one. But he wont pick up the phone or reply to my email.
Looks nice though.
70727888-8110-4D7A-A5AB-1B128684DED7.jpeg

Latest posts