• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mounting a phone in your rig.

onepieceatatime

I like turtles...
Anybody have a really good way of mounting your phone on your dash or somewhere visible in your rig so you can have easy access and not have to worry about it falling out. I want to be able to plug mine into the radio as well as use the GPS navigation on it and it would be really cool if I had a good way to mount it securely. I could just throw it in my ammo can console but that is more of a pain and not as cool looking.

Re: Mounting a phone in your rig.

I've got an old xm radio base that I've been meaning to build a cell phone holder out of for this exact purpose. You can pick them up cheap on eBay.

Mounting a phone in your rig.

For my old phone I pop riveted a Otterbox holder with a broken belt clip to the dash bar, when I upgraded phones I went a head and bought 2 Otterbox ceases, but damn if I have broken a belt clip yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got one of these mounted on the center hump pan in my rig between front and rear transfer case sticks. $5.50 free shipping. Holds my Motorola Droid 4 while I have it hooked up playing music and I can reach it while harnessed in. I ran a peice of metal strapping over the mounting base and screwed it in with self tapping screws to make sure it stayed in place, but it holds my phone good. Rolled over and flopped several times and it hasn't went anywhere. :dblthumb:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Swivel-Pivot-Holder-Dash-Window-Mount-for-phone-Galaxy-iPhone-EVO-GPS-/190827712808?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6e37d128#ht_1030wt_662

I'm liking the otterbox idea. I have one for my phone and with my new job I wont need such a heavy duty case so Ill probably bust the belt clip off and screw it to my console.

JohnG said:
GreenLion has a great one on his rig. Does not fall out in rollovers. Perhaps he will see the post.

100% Truth.
Ive rode with him a couple times and the beatings he throws down on the scout is insane. Cell phone never falls out. :****:

Re: Mounting a phone in your rig.

I've got this one and I like it a lot. You can make it fit tighter if needed. http://axiaalloys.com/Roll%20Cage%20Accessories/GPS%20Mounts/Billet%20Universal%20GPS%20-%20Nano%20Video%20Cage%20Mount-%20Satin-Clear-Black

Found these in the camping section of the local Wal-Mart for about $6.00 each. My Samsung S3 fits inside but not if it is in the otter box. Latches look, feel good. It has an o-ring seal and lanyard slot on the ends that also accept zip ties.
Mounted one in front of the steering wheel and I can see my screen if I get a notification or call.
Now I just need to find a good GPS app that has a current, average and max mph as well as route recording. Anyone know of something?

RustyC said:
Found these in the camping section of the local Wal-Mart for about $6.00 each. My Samsung S3 fits inside but not if it is in the otter box. Latches look, feel good. It has an o-ring seal and lanyard slot on the ends that also accept zip ties.
Mounted one in front of the steering wheel and I can see my screen if I get a notification or call.
Now I just need to find a good GPS app that has a current, average and max mph as well as route recording. Anyone know of something?

I like that idea. Are those water proof as well?

jeeptj99 said:
I like that idea. Are those water proof as well?

They seem to be having the seal around the lid, but they have not been "tested" yet.

Bringing this topic back up from the dead.

Usually I have my phone stuck between my leg and the seat so it cannot move, but is still accessible for pictures and calls etc. However after a recent trip in which my phone temporarily disappeared (fell down in the floor then into the skid plate right next to the exhaust), it got me thinking about alternative phone mounting options.

So 6 years later, what is everyone using now? What do they like/dislike about what they using etc?

Bringing this topic back up from the dead.

Usually I have my phone stuck between my leg and the seat so it cannot move, but is still accessible for pictures and calls etc. However after a recent trip in which my phone temporarily disappeared (fell down in the floor then into the skid plate right next to the exhaust), it got me thinking about alternative phone mounting options.

So 6 years later, what is everyone using now? What do they like/dislike about what they using etc?

when did that happen? also on your buggy the way RustyC has his mounted in one of those sealing otter box things would work. Could put it on the dash or down near the shifter

Latest posts