• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mounting H1s ??

Put the PVC inserts in first. You can use a ratchet strap to oblong them a little to get them in. I then put the rim on a bucket and lifted the tire on. Then bolt on the outer ring.

NOTICE: make sure the bucket is manly and that the tire is centered or it will fold over. You can substitute the bucket for a large block of wood or something similar under 16.5" in diameter. Really not that bad of a job. An extra set of hands will help as the 43 is pretty heavy.

Penetrating oil or dish liquid makes it much easier if if put a little on the contact points between the tire and insert. I've done it without help a few times, and never had a problem. The video below gives you the basic idea, but I've found that by placing the tire on 2-3 five gallon buckets, makes it even easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfHzYJ_88wo

Tire soap and bucket and impact also if they get down to the end and won't budge the insert might be to thick and need to trim the tire soap will help seal and lube

uglyoffroad said:
Penetrating oil or dish liquid makes it much easier if if put a little on the contact points between the tire and insert. I've done it without help a few times, and never had a problem. The video below gives you the basic idea, but I've found that by placing the tire on 2-3 five gallon buckets, makes it even easier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfHzYJ_88wo

yeppers. did mine all by myself. pulled them apart and back together. push the inserts in at a 90*, once they pop past the beads, then turn them flat. pretty easy.

Re:

My advice is to become a man first. Then just figure it the F/\% out. But really though, I made sure I had all the nuts, and I had new o rings for my stockers.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

I have done this a few hundred times and I promise they will make you wanna set them on fire if the inserts are the wrong size. Mine are 6.5" since I might know where you got those tires from. As far as putting them together I usually just get my long pry bar and stand on the insert then put the pry bar between the insert and the bead. Doesn't take much and it will slip right in. Then just kick it to roll it over inside tire. My biggest problem mounting mine is usually getting the oring in the right position and stay there without shrinking back to small. Make sure the valve stem is lined up and then just tighten in a star pattern for me.

There are some awesome funny videos out there of how to get the inserts out.

My wheels are the TWF (not sure if that makes a difference) but the bead on a 43" should be 1" thick. So to have something to go off of a 1" thick bead requires 6.5" insert.

Not to hijack the tread but if anyone is looking for h1 double beadlocks
I sell new in the box never used 12 bolt h1's
with pressed centers or flat and
rock rings

Attachments

• IMG_8180 (1024x1024).jpg
    IMG_8180 (1024x1024).jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 120
I have even put silicone around the oring. Let it set up a night before you put air in

civicmindedex79 said:
I have done this a few hundred times and I promise they will make you wanna set them on fire if the inserts are the wrong size. Mine are 6.5" since I might know where you got those tires from. As far as putting them together I usually just get my long pry bar and stand on the insert then put the pry bar between the insert and the bead. Doesn't take much and it will slip right in. Then just kick it to roll it over inside tire. My biggest problem mounting mine is usually getting the oring in the right position and stay there without shrinking back to small. Make sure the valve stem is lined up and then just tighten in a star pattern for me.

There are some awesome funny videos out there of how to get the inserts out.

My wheels are the TWF (not sure if that makes a difference) but the bead on a 43" should be 1" thick. So to have something to go off of a 1" thick bead requires 6.5" insert.

This guy is the reason I sold mine !

TWF told me to stretch the O-rings by hand (not hard enough to break them obviously) and put a dab of super glue at each bolt then place the o-ring in the groove. Apply bits of pressure to make sure the glue sets up (get fast setting glue). Mine have been aired up for 3 years now and not had a leak since I tried this method. Before I seemed to pinch almost every o-ring. The main key is to make sure the o-ring is good and set before putting the top half on. Hope this all makes sense.

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
My advice is to become a man first. Then just figure it the F/\% out. But really though, I made sure I had all the nuts, and I had new o rings for my stockers.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

:rolf:

I tell people all the time that they need to put their purse down first before they go at it.

OP- If you have any questions about the install call me and I'll walk you through it. :)

Thanks,
Andy