• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

MT Baja Boss X

Jayjeep

Does anybody run the 40" MT Baja Boss X sticky? Looking for real world experience with the tire and how it performs on the east coast. I'm currently running 42" PBRs and looking at stickies in 40". I have a 2.5 Ygay 60/14b atlas 4sp on the rockers and want to try a different wheel since I've been running rockers for years. SXs I feel would be too heavy for my motor and treps and reds are pricey. I'm mainly a rock crawler. Thanks

No first hand experience with them but see responses 94-98 of this thread for just a little bit of info.

Thanks. I did read that previously.
I'm also intrigued by this tire and may pick some up when that Biden stimmy money starts flowing.

I was tagged in a Facebook review of them where a guy said he loved them, but i don't remember where and don't have screen shots.

I think this will be the first KOH since they have been out; maybe some feedback will come from that race

Yeah. I guess someone has to be the guinea pig for east coast wheeling reviews. Was wondering if anybody used them on wet slick muddy rock. As someone said before me bologna skins will stick on west coast rock. I'll have to give Goforth a call to see his price on them.

Travis, JeepTJ99, is running a set I'm pretty sure so he might be able to give you some info.

Im running the pro x 43's. No idea on the boss. I love mine. They seem to do better when you're trying to crawl or lower wheel speed vs a 1000 hp buggy blowing the tires off. Just my .02

1612187775212.png

Wanted to update this post. I've got a set of these and I'm awaiting some weld rings to mount them up. I'm admittedly a little worried about how they will wear. This is from the Mickey sponsored car that raced AOP today. Granted, that was a brutal ~50 miles of east coast rock racing, these damn things look clapped out at the end of the race. Also noticed the passenger side weren't have as bad, which leads me to believe they cut tires and swapped on spares.

In any event, I'll have some mild east coast terrain trail riding first hand experience to report later this summer and fall.

Attachments

• B5B7C571-DC84-40BA-A944-99E7C58B14C0.jpeg
    B5B7C571-DC84-40BA-A944-99E7C58B14C0.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 304
  • 9DF241E4-FDED-4D49-BE46-7F6CD1E72923.jpeg
    9DF241E4-FDED-4D49-BE46-7F6CD1E72923.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 302
I talked to the team running those Baja Boss X tires and they said they worked great for their racing application and said the sidewalls were pretty stiff/tough, but they hadn't tried them for rec wheeling.

From a racing perspective, even the Nitto's chunk/wear like that when the 4400's are finished with them (assuming they didn't replace a tire or multiples during the race).

I talked to the team running those Baja Boss X tires and they said they worked great for their racing application and said the sidewalls were pretty stiff/tough, but they hadn't tried them for rec wheeling.

From a racing perspective, even the Nitto's chunk/wear like that when the 4400's are finished with them (assuming they didn't replace a tire or multiples during the race).
By contrast, the nittps on the top three cars were in a lot better shape. I'm still going to run them but don't expect super great life out of them.

Figured while he was hunting down a Gatorade was the wrong time to hit him up for a tire
That's why you bring extra drinks with ya so you can hand them one right when they need it most. Then later you walk by their pits and end up with shirts, hats, stickers, etc.

By contrast, the nittps on the top three cars were in a lot better shape. I'm still going to run them but don't expect super great life out of them.
With the exception of Cade, Blyler, and Miller both had a couple of flats so that could explain different wear on the Nittos. Either way, I'd say you'll be in good shape with the Pathfinder power and crawler speeds.

Latest posts