• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Mt Pilchuck in the snow

FJCruiser

Attempted Mt Pilchuck in the snow today with another FJ40. Got stuck turning around on the road towards the top. Ran into Stealthrunner and Mark M. coming down from the top and held them up for a couple of hours while we got turned around. Thanks again guys for being so patient and helping us out.

2001548206705321618_rs.jpg

2001577994403092076_rs.jpg

Nice pics. I saw you guys on your way back down. I was the guy in the green 80 series Cruiser. Was up there 'cuz my 4 year old wanted to do a little sledding.:D

:awesomework: Yep if anybody wanted to make it to the top parking lot they would need a chain saw to cut the tree's out of the way passed where we stoped.....lots of trees in the road...:awesomework:

Those pics are :cool:

There still is a ski area there,

just fewer people go now because there is no chair lift.:redneck:

few more weeks, mabey a month and it should be some badass skiing up there.

There still is a ski area there,

just fewer people go now because there is no chair lift.:redneck:

or lodge, or ski patrol, or rules and boundaries.
But the AREA is still there and the skiing is great when the conditions are right.:awesomework:

Ok so mabey there is some rules, but why would you want to do that there anyway? I think it would a pretty crappy place to try and ride a snowmobile anyways, or good luck getting a dirtbike past all the foot traffic in the summer.

If you go take a chainsaw. Lots of trees down.

Screw that, go a few more miles up the mountain loop, and wheel 4020, TONS of snow up there, (at least there was a few week's ago) and it has done nothing but snow in the hill's since. There is a cool bowl to mess around in, about 3 or 4 miles into it the road split's, straight and you hit the bowl in about another mile or so, and that road goes for another mile or two after and dead ends. Go right at the split, it goes out probably 2 miles and there are a ton of little offshoots. We had to break snow for about 1/2 mile past where the prior people got stuck last time to get to the bowl and didn't try to go any farther as the bowl is fun to play in. The next night we took a right and only made it about a mile (almost to the restroom) and couldn't get up one hill. it's fun........and something new