• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Angryfab buggy "ISSUES"

Dirt700

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
1,316
Location
Arkansas
Angryfab chassis
LQ4 with TSP stage 3 high lift truck cam mast oil pan
PTC th400
Atlas 3.0 with 300m input and output
16 inch radflo coilovers with external compression adjusters
Super duty 60 front with 10 inch ring gear 4:88s 300m rcv's, lugnut 4x4 brakes
14 bolt rear 4:88s

It will white with bright green accent's when it's done
880ad6f99aab9e4dec428c9972e61cfd.jpg
fd64cfc6e45204aab5ff35e46eaed18e.jpg
2aa62e13d18a12acd418f8dedddd668c.jpg
b8f6bec35868843fd9cc0d17c36c70e9.jpg
dc9cd4aa1b63ecbcb79f863cfb430b17.jpg
ca655cac15f9ae78685ceeb7c3101733.jpg
f1c3c0ed4841105c9e3dc6a7272ad281.jpg


Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

Dirt700

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
1,316
Location
Arkansas
Wheels are getting powder coated black with green beadlock rings
8ffd68d4a4b8c72a336b519b786a6c0c.jpg
ad61587d7cdb5f636ecb5810d8eadb5e.jpg
badfefabe5e22b9b14296303a6cac7d3.jpg
f38a02535b71cdd9ac80a311e877a1b9.jpg
041e84fbd6b55ed7e0780c997ea35844.jpg
79bb0e7d1463a38b34c7d857c10f6c87.jpg


Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

Dirt700

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
1,316
Location
Arkansas
Re: Re: My Angryfab buggy "ISSUES"

TBItoy said:
I like it already.


You going huge-massive RCVs or 60 size?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60 size for now, if I start breaking gears I'm going to build a 14 front using the unit bearings and such. Then I will step up the shafts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

waggener1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2012
Messages
208
Location
Little Rock, AR
Dirt700 said:
60 size for now, if I start breaking gears I'm going to build a 14 front using the unit bearings and such. Then I will step up the shafts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For about $350 plus shipping, you can get complete 1550 axle shaft assemblies for both sides. That's the inners, outers, 1550 joints and seals... assembled! You'll get the added strength plus increased turning angle with the 1550 joints. I ordered mine from Tasca Parts.

Part numbers:
FC3Z-3220-B (short side)
FC3Z-3219-B (long side)
 

94xjsport94

I wish I knew more
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
748
waggener1 said:
For about $350 plus shipping, you can get complete 1550 axle shaft assemblies for both sides. That's the inners, outers, 1550 joints and seals... assembled! You'll get the added strength plus increased turning angle with the 1550 joints. I ordered mine from Tasca Parts.

Part numbers:
FC3Z-3220-B (short side)
FC3Z-3219-B (long side)


They’re cheaper from Denny’s Driveshaft and free shipping. About $315 i think.

I kept breaking 1480 joints and ruining the shafts. One time popping my ball joints apart. Now I have RCV’s and don’t worry about that ever again, but the price point of the 1550 shafts is hard to beat for what you get
 

bbtank45

Under Construction
Joined
Apr 12, 2012
Messages
354
Location
Cincinnat, OH
I love the build, although I was initially confused about the thread title....surprised to see an AngryFab buggy with issues. :butt:

Is anyone breaking the 1550 shafts? What are they comparable to in strength in stock form?....Thats a hell of a pricepoint.
 

TBItoy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2010
Messages
10,685
Location
Dodson Branch, TN
bbtank45 said:
Is anyone breaking the 1550 shafts? What are they comparable to in strength in stock form?....Thats a hell of a pricepoint.

Everyone’s best guess is that they are not quite as strong as good chromoly 1480 (standard D60) size shafts with good aftermarket chromoly solid U joints (Superjoint/Ouverson/CTM)


Mathematically the spicer 1550 should eliminate/equate the joint as the weak point in a 1.5” 35 spline non-chromo shaft... So I'd say they are as strong as a stock rear 35 spline shaft.

For the money I think it’s a great stop-gap measure to determine how much $ you really need to spend on shafts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Dirt700

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
1,316
Location
Arkansas
Putting truss on front axle. Caster is 5° and pinion at 15° in this pic. It looks like the truss is to far back to me. Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

Dirt700

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
1,316
Location
Arkansas
Re: Re: My Angryfab buggy "ISSUES"

Dirt700 said:
Putting truss on front axle. Caster is 5° and pinion at 15° in this pic. It looks like the truss is to far back to me. Thoughts?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fb5a48a0cc1d3ece2871e239e5c42ce1.jpg


Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
 

Dirt700

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
1,316
Location
Arkansas
waggener1 said:
For about $350 plus shipping, you can get complete 1550 axle shaft assemblies for both sides. That's the inners, outers, 1550 joints and seals... assembled! You'll get the added strength plus increased turning angle with the 1550 joints. I ordered mine from Tasca Parts.

Part numbers:
FC3Z-3220-B (short side)
FC3Z-3219-B (long side)
That is cheap
 

Dirt700

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
1,316
Location
Arkansas
bbtank45 said:
I love the build, although I was initially confused about the thread title....surprised to see an AngryFab buggy with issues. :butt:

Is anyone breaking the 1550 shafts? What are they comparable to in strength in stock form?....Thats a hell of a pricepoint.
Thanks, my wife come up with the name. She is hoping it will have opposite effect lol
 

The-Boss

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2010
Messages
703
TBItoy said:
Everyone’s best guess is that they are not quite as strong as good chromoly 1480 (standard D60) size shafts with good aftermarket chromoly solid U joints (Superjoint/Ouverson/CTM)


Mathematically the spicer 1550 should eliminate/equate the joint as the weak point in a 1.5” 35 spline non-chromo shaft...

For the money I think it’s a great stop-gap measure to determine how much $ you really need to spend on shafts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. It's still a stock 35 spline shaft. Not going to last with much motor, tire and right foot. However, I see them as a no brainer for a few reasons. If something breaks, it's the shaft and not the joint or yoke taking out the balljoint. If you don't wheel that hard they are solid and would take more than most trail rigs see. They would also make great spares for cromo shafts. Crazy deal for what you get.
 

waggener1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2012
Messages
208
Location
Little Rock, AR
TBItoy said:
Looks like your caster is the wrong direction.

Agreed, you likely have 15 degrees of pinion angle and -5 degrees of caster. I would recommend rolling it back (pinion down) to where you have at least 3 - 4 degrees of caster. Of course, that will leave you with 6 - 7 degrees of pinion angle.
 

Primary

HardlineCrawlers Assistant
Here are some related products that HardlineCrawlers members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to HardlineCrawlers’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to HardlineCrawlers discussions about these products.

 
 

Latest posts

Top