• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

my budget build

xjpaddler

some of you may have seen this on Pirate already. I started about 2.5 years ago, but have done a couple of other projects since then.
This all started as a build to use what I had, so the pipe was not my first choice, but it was what I had. I did not have a bender so I made one and made a die to go with it.
heathspics099.jpg

then stated the frame Phase one
heathspics094.jpg

heathspics096.jpg

I had a sammy as a donor that I planned to use, but as the lines started to come together, it looked like it needed more motor.
so I did some work in trade for a 305,700r4, with a 208. I also managed to get my hands on a set of yota axles and a dana 300.
morebuggy1208011.jpg

morebuggy1208013.jpg

morebuggypics007.jpg

208 dana 300 doubler
morebuggypics004.jpg

side shot out of the shed
buggypicsjunetwentysixth004.jpg

phase two interior and axle change.
I made a family vacation trip out west and ran across a set of trail gear rock asults fully loaded for a steel. so the stock toys came out and the others went in.
PA100053.jpg

P9190051.jpg

start of the interior
PB100065.jpg

PB100069.jpg

PB100068.jpg

and the hood
PB100067.jpg

PA280062.jpg

phase 3,when i started I had been given some 36" irocks on trade. I got some new 39.5" pitbulls for christmas and started painting.
P1030075.jpg

PC160067.jpg

PC160068.jpg

PC160071.jpg

and a sneak peak at the dash I was really happy with the way it turned out.
P1030077.jpg

still got a lot to go, hopeing to have it wheeling in the next few weeks. I am a member of the arkansas crawlers, but lurk on this board a lot.
will try and get more pics as it finishes up.

hitit That thing is really cool....I like the old school look and man does it look like fun! Mighty fine work on the dash too... Sweet rig man!! Now it is time to beat on it a little bit :driving:

dude this things lookin sweet.... really something diff... and def diggin the styling!!!

i have loved the lines on this buggy since i saw it on pirate, very nice work , i would love to see what you could do with a no budget build :****:

Billcow said:
i have loved the lines on this buggy since i saw it on pirate, very nice work , i would love to see what you could do with a no budget build :****:

Yea I would love to have the money to put into some high dollar parts. I really want to build a High horsepower rock bouncer :driving:
got some ideas in mind for my next rig, a few things I havent seen done yet, which is hard to come up with now days. got to get a tubeing roller built so I can jump on the band waggon. :)

I must say seeing the coleworx rigs have been a big influence on my build(rolled back stinger). and when I saw the pics of the 38 special, I wanted to cut mine up into small pieces and start over. There is so many awsome builders out there now its hard to be different, or original.

But i have managed to stay with it and am happy with the way it is turning out.

Props for all the effort put into your build ! Made a bender to build your buggy.... That's sick ! I love home built budget rides ! Great job! :dblthumb:

finaly got to drive it out of the shead, still have a lot to finish up but it is getting closer.
P1090082.jpg

P1090083.jpg

P1090084.jpg
:driving:

Thats a cool rig. That should inspire a lot of back yard builders to get out there and try something. I hope you continue the wood grain look to the side panels. Old truck looking rigs are cool, but old woody's are cool even if it's a car. Good job.

rock yuppie said:
Thats a cool rig. That should inspire a lot of back yard builders to get out there and try something. I hope you continue the wood grain look to the side panels. Old truck looking rigs are cool, but old woody's are cool even if it's a car. Good job.

have really considered this, but I know there going to get beat. I may try and do another set just for show.

thanks for all the comps guys, I am getting excited to get this thing on some trails.