• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Buggy Build

86tank

Just thought id post some pics of the buggy Ive been working on for the past few months.

Specs:
TH 400
60 front
14 bolt rear
4.10 gears
Between a 38-40" tire probably swampers.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks. No that is the Poor Boys Toy in the pic. One of the trucks from back in the glory days that Dad drove.
This is the best pic i have of Gizmo.

I bought it from a guy up in North Alabama 2 or 3 years ago. He said it was an old comp chassis but I have no idea where it came from before him or who built it. Found it on CAOS.

That's cool that it is getting put to use. I bought the chassis from Scott Lang long time ago then sold it to you. Scott might know where it started out at. Any new progress??

Got a lot of parts ordered and been trying to get everything welded up.
Finnaly found some shocks Fox 2.0 14" travel and got just about everything to get the motor running. I also got everything for my steering and found a transmision for it. Had to order an input gear for the 205 from ORD to make it work with the trans.

You may already going to do this but just out of experience you may want to weld up the crush holes in the frame so no problems later down the road.

race_jeep said:
WTF your gonna call out haleys build thread but not bother to give us an update on the bread wagon? Get to work :fish:
Not too much to be updating. Got the steering and fuel cell mounted. Found a trans for it and Ive had to swap input shafts on the 205. Im about done cutting bars out now and all the little stuff is going to take a bit of time.
yota38strong Ill do that I have been wondering what those holes were even there for.

yeah they are there for hard impacts when it came from the factory ive seen those little holes cause major problems. but now would be a good time to weld them up before you get to far along with it....
Its looking good keep up the work and keep us updated.

Got a little more done to the buggy this week. Welded up alot of bars i just had tacked in and mounted the orbital and steering cooler. Also got some guages but im having trouble finding a place for the water temp sensor (mechanical guages). Also scored some classic tires yesterday. Gonna get all the lines made up for the steering and hopefully finish the transfer case if my bearing will ever come in.

86tank said:
Got a little more done to the buggy this week. Welded up alot of bars i just had tacked in and mounted the orbital and steering cooler. Also got some guages but im having trouble finding a place for the water temp sensor (mechanical guages). Also scored some classic tires yesterday. Gonna get all the lines made up for the steering and hopefully finish the transfer case if my bearing will ever come in.
are those tires stickies? You gotta sweet deal on that ram it worked out perfect

race_jeep said:
are those tires stickies? You gotta sweet deal on that ram it worked out perfect
The ram couldnt have worked out any better :dblthumb:
Those are some straight old school tires son.

STRAIGHT old school buckshots made by gateway........i had a set of those for a long time those things will dry rot before they wear out :****:

Made a good bit of progress in the past week or so. Got the transfer case and all the steering stuff done. All the stuff to build my headers came in and so did my seats. I had the motor out to weld up all the link mounts on the frame and decided to move it back and up to clear for the radiator. Now the links clear better and ill have alot more room for exauhst and the frot drive shaft. It killed a day of progress but I think it was worth it.

Latest posts