• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Buggy Build

Finally back on the buggy. Exhaust is mostly ran and tacked in place. The mufflers are knock off MagnaFlows and all the connections are V band clamps. Got the new fuel rails and 30lb SVO injectors installed the engine harness. Mounted the ecm and fuse block. Also got the dash piece trimmed and ready to mount. The Trans cooler needed to relocated for the exhaust to be routed.......I will be ceramic coating the exhaust and maybe wrap the end if I think the Trans cooler is getting heat from it.

Brian

Intake got a little dress up.......burning $100's!

Drivepoles from Dave @ Oliver's Custom Driveshaft

Guess I could do an update......

Life has been pretty crazy the last few months, but that is expected with a newborn. Our shop has also been pretty busy as well and has limited me to very little time on the buggy. I finally made some time to get some work done...Its not a lot of progress, but alot of it was time consuming. I struggled to figure out the best route for my fuel and trans cooler lines, but I got it figured out. I ended up using some 3/8" aluminum tubing for the majority of the feed/return lines for the fuel, instead of all rubber line. The tubing will be covered in the high heat areas with fire sleeve and will have them clamped in place so they dont bounce around too much. When I took these pics, I was short two pieces of the fuel system puzzle...one fitting and one Holley Hydramat. I decided to go with it, instead of the walbro setup. -8AN from the pickup to the pump, then -6AN to the fuel rails and back to the Aeromotive regulator, then back to the tank....the return actually dumps pretty much right on top of the pickup, which Holley suggests. The exhaust was also tackled and buttoned up, minus a couple of hangers and finish welding. All V band clamps, so no shitty gaskets to go bad. Also got all but 2 of the 5 point harness mounts done.

The last pic does not show the tailpipe very well..looks like it was just cut and welded at an angle, its not, there is a bend and the cut is just close to it. I was also able to move it over a couple of inches and move it down some...now there is plenty of room between the trans cooler/fuel cell and the tailpipe.

Now I need to run the brake lines and maybe then start the wiring.....seems like it is down to all the details that takes a lot time and thought to make sure it will all work together as it should. Once that stuff is done, I will finish the little bit of bracing and interior panels.

I feel like it is good progress and it was something that I needed to do to get motivated again.

Brian

wow...been a while since I have updated this. Been hectic around here......burnt out a bunch of stuff on the plasma table. Tied in the C pillar/shock mount area and made a "tailgate"

New Ported throttlebody from Potz Speed

Got the steering ram mounted and made the steering arms double sheer

. Nice to see it slowly taking shape.
The floor framework was cut out and flanged, so it could be removed to be able to get to the trans.

The carrier bearing from M&M is mounted, just gotta measure and order the shafts from Oliver's.

Put some tube gussets in the windshield area and on the B pillar.

Exhaust was pulled out and tig'ed up. Made a heat shield for the fuel cell and trans cooler.

Installed some more bracing behind the B pillar and now the flooring is all fitted, just have to drill and install a bunch of nutzerts.

.....some good progress, just gotta keep chopping away at it.
~Brian

Got some more updates. All the plumbing is done, minus 2 of the steering lines, the new hydro resi, w/ -12 feed, mounted..all the sheetmetal inside the cab is mounted, gas pedal, cable, and TB mount for the cable, installed, bracing for the hood is pretty much done. I ended up getting a new oil pan, unexpected expense of course...the stock truck pan ended up sitting too low to be able to get a flat skid under it and I didnt like the idea of a cast aluminum pan sitting that low, with no protection. I ended up calling Pacific Fab and ordered their Pro Series pan, lemme say, it is a BADASS piece....plenty of clearance now and only lost about a quart in the capacity, has weighted trap doors around the sump, the bottom of it is actually plated and the bolt rail is plated as well, so it shouldnt deform when you bolt it down.

Re: My Buggy Build

That intake coating is the freakin bomb!! Bummer you have a bunch of pretty tube work covering it up.

Will you end up tearing down to powder coat? Gosh part of me wishes I did that. Then again all wanted to do was be out wheeling. By that point I was burned out building.

Looks like a sweet build. Pan is fancy. That's awesome

Thanks. I will be tearing it down for sure, just not sure if I wanna powdercoat it or just paint it.....the tear down will be for final weldout and finishing the stuff on the bottom. The intake is pretty cool, would like to keep it open above it, but I will probably end up skinning it.
Yes , that oil pan is fancy.....for the cost it should do more than just hold oil.....lol :****:

Latest posts