• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

my computer died today....

jeeptj99

My laptop took a **** on me today and I'm in the middle of school so I need a new one. I've had nothing but bad luck with windows computers so I am looking at a MacBook not sure if I want a air or pro. Or if someone knows of a good laptop to get I'm open to suggestions. I just need to do something quick like.

About a year ago I bought an i7 Asus aluminum Ultrabook and it has been absolutely the best laptop I've ever owned, hands down. It's got Win7 on it which is the best OS MS has ever put out, IMO. This coming from a guy who currently owns 2 other laptops and 4 desktops and has owned about 10 laptops in the past.

I killed 3 Dells in 3 years and just got an HP with windows 8, not impressed with windows 8 but the laptop is the nicest one I've had yet.

You cannot downgrade from WIN8 home edition. You can only downgrade to WIN7 from WIN8 Professional. I would not get another WIN8 operating system until they make a lot of improvementa dn 8.1 did not do it.

jeeptj99 said:
I'm really looking at Apple as bad as I hate to say it.

thumb.gif

The first day or so, you will hate it. Because it's not windows like you are use to. Once you get use to it though, you won't ever want to go back. Crazy simple and doesn't get slow over time like windows based machines.

Can't go wrong with MacBook Pro/Air. I crossed over in 2009. Just be patient and learn the operating system. Use the forums for info. Mine has been all over Iraq and Afghanistan. Only thing I have replaced is the battery.

ghostdancer308 said:
Can't go wrong with MacBook Pro/Air. I crossed over in 2009. Just be patient and learn the operating system. Use the forums for info. Mine has been all over Iraq and Afghanistan. Only thing I have replaced is the battery.

what do you mean forums?

Macbook! Windows blows. My 'puter skills are def not tha best. Okay honestly they suck! Every time i have tried to work with windows I almost ended up pissed and wanted to break tha computer. Ever since MacBook I have had no problems whatsoever. Very user friendly. Then again I'm not using it for really anything other than research or this money pit in my garage ! Can't go wrong with MacBook I don't know about the others. I know price sucks tho. Yikes

ibrokeit said:
Just like you use this forum for off road info.

If you encounter something you don't know how to do on your mac, their are forums out there for help.

ok thats what i was thinking just wasnt sure. now to come up with some money for this beast.... any offers for some donations? :fish:

well looks like i'm on the mac team now. i swore i would never own another apple product but guess i do now. thanks for all the advice.

won't say what to get, but 2 things about Apple -
Apple care... friggen awesome if something goes wrong
if you need to run a Windows program, you can run Win from BootCamp or Parallels

I use both an old MacBook and an old Thinkpad T60 - both have ups and downs