• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My daughters first car....

ibrokeit said:
When I was that age (that sounds so weird saying that.. 10 years ago), I wanted something with the most room that I could fit all my friends and crap into (SUV, etc..).

That being said, if it was my daughter, it would be something small. Preferably 2 door. That way she isn't the one that drives and all her rowdy friends pile in the car with her.
My wife always hollers "need a four door" blah,blah,blah....I tend to agree with you. I remember being young,been a few years though,more people in the car means more bad (fun if it was me,bad since it's her)ideas to be had!!

June dog said:
Xj pimped out :afro:
She used to say she wanted my F150 4x4 cause it was "big" ....lifted on 35s. Don't think she could've handled the 10 MPG! :****:
I kinda miss it though.. :driving: 8)

My wife has had a '06 mustang w/ a v6 since it was new, no issues at all & descent fuel mileage at an avg of 23mpg... Seem like pretty good cars for the $

Insert Quote
2.5 altimas have issues when oil isn't changed, and they have the exhaust manifolds crack then the cat stops up, yada yada. I just put an engine in one at 183k miles due to this. The 3.5 nissan v6 has an issue where the rear timing cover gasket blows out and is retarded expensive to fix about 120-140k miles. It seems if you get a good nissan then they run forever, or they are complete piles of ****.

The 3.5 's don't have a gasket at the timing cover they have front and rear chain cases that are sealed with FIPG . And yes they are a pain to change in the car.

Lookin like I may be steering clear of the Nissans.....cause sure whatever we get will have a few miles on it.
Thanks for all the input so far!! Preciate it... :dblthumb: Keep it coming

Re:

In '06, we bought a Mazda 3 to use as a "gas saver". We really started enjoying how cheap it was to run and maintain it. It actually became our main family car. 140k miles and I literally have done nothing to it except gas, oil, and tires. I plan on fixing anything that tears up and driving the wheels off of it. I have seen mixed opinions on these cars but, as far as ours, its been great.

Re:

tyldyl12 said:
In '06, we bought a Mazda 3 to use as a "gas saver". We really started enjoying how cheap it was to run and maintain it. It actually became our main family car. 140k miles and I literally have done nothing to it except gas, oil, and tires. I plan on fixing anything that tears up and driving the wheels off of it. I have seen mixed opinions on these cars but, as far as ours, its been great.

We had the same luck out of a Mazda 6. Gas, oil, tires, and 1 battery. Got 130k on the clock before the ol lady got t-boned by an Escalade. Even still, car was a tank and did exactly what it was supposed to do. Hard hit and her and my son only got scratches plus my wife hit her knee on the dash because she's too stubborn to wear a seatbelt. Says something about safety and how well the car takes a lick.

We had a 626 several years ago (rebuilt), nice little car.... Had to have trans rebuilt which set us back about $1800 then our son totaled it. :puke:
Think he's wrecked everything he's ever driven... ::)

crawler 129 said:
The 3.5 's don't have a gasket at the timing cover they have front and rear chain cases that are sealed with FIPG . And yes they are a pain to change in the car.

I was referring to the paper gaskets that blow out on the rear cover that cause the oil pressure to drop to 17 psi and throw the P0011 Intake valve timing performance code. We are on the same page. thumb.gif

I am in this same boat kinda. Ole ladys girl gonna have to have something about January. I was constantly looking at the G8 that was on here for sale. So whats everybodys thoughts on that? As far as too much for a 16 y/o? Know any history on G8? She is a good kid but has a lil wild streak from time to time so I dont know.
Probably nothing anybody wants to think about but no daughter of mine would have an suv. I know what all went on when a chick had an suv growing up among other things.

civicmindedex79 said:
Probably nothing anybody wants to think about but no daughter of mine would have an suv. I know what all went on when a chick had an suv growing up among other things.

My in-law's neighbor's 17 yo grandbaby momma in the Grand Cherokee right there. They said several times "We don't know how that happened."
G8 is a cool car, I would have killed myself at 16 in one. :driving: Buy her my Buick!

Wait nevermind, it has a big backseat.

Re: Re: My daughters first car....

Lol, when you want to get some, I'll happen in front seat of a regular cab Toyota with bucket seats, an ammo can console, and lots of shifters sticking out of the floor.

Or on the ground beside it.

If she's into sports or anything like that, an suv or 4door car will be much more practical.

I don't remember seeing a G8 on here?? Someone had a Grand Prix GXP listed.

Do NOT buy a altima. They are very very problematic . Im a dealer and have TONS of trouble out of them .I dont buy them anymore unless i can get them way cheap. If you buy a honda buy a 2003 -2007 if you want a automatic. 1998 -2002 honda automatics ALL suck .

No abundance of love for the Altimas being shown here. Glad I started this thread....was gonna look at them,decent lookin car but damn sure ain't wanting a bunch of problems!! thumb.gif

mckeddie said:
I'd go with a tdi beetle, jetta, or a 3 series BMW. Bmw's run forever, are cheap on parts, can b had cheap, and pretty sweet.
Cheap on parts??? I think you are confusing VW and BMW with Honda or Toyota... My sister had an older 5 series and everything for that car was $800+. Besides the battery... That was only $500. LOL
Stick with Honda, Toyota, or something like a Cherokee. When insurance companies see BMW or VW they think about how expensive body damage is going to be to repair when (god forbid) an accident occurs.

Sent from my cellular device.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 293
Re: Re: My daughters first car....

TBItoy said:
Lol, when you want to get some, I'll happen in front seat of a regular cab Toyota with bucket seats, an ammo can console, and lots of shifters sticking out of the floor.

The case shifters will really surprise you if you're not careful molaugh

Latest posts