• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My daughters first car....

Re: Re: My daughters first car....

TBItoy said:
Lol, when you want to get some, I'll happen in front seat of a regular cab Toyota with bucket seats, an ammo can console, and lots of shifters sticking out of the floor.

Or on the ground beside it.

If she's into sports or anything like that, an suv or 4door car will be much more practical.

I don't remember seeing a G8 on here?? Someone had a Grand Prix GXP listed.

You are correct I misspoke on the G8

TN12Valve said:
Cheap on parts??? I think you are confusing VW and BMW with Honda or Toyota... My sister had an older 5 series and everything for that car was $800+. Besides the battery... That was only $500. LOL
Stick with Honda, Toyota, or something like a Cherokee. When insurance companies see BMW or VW they think about how expensive body damage is going to be to repair when (god forbid) an accident occurs.

Sent from my cellular device.

Older 3 series are cheap. Vw's, not so much. Timing belt and water pump in the vw though, and they are super reliable and nice.

Re: Re: My daughters first car....

civicmindedex79 said:
You are correct I misspoke on the G8

Gotcha, I'm a G8 homer.

I REALLY want a G8 GXP, but they only made 1829 of them total, and only half of them were manual trans.... So yeah, they are $$$

My girlfriend has a G6. Would love to sell it to you but I cannot do that to a hardline member.. They suck do not get a G6!!! Believe me. Look good for a girl car but they ride like a wagon with square wheels. Piss on the G6 idea.

kushKrawlin said:
My girlfriend has a G6. Would love to sell it to you but I cannot do that to a hardline member.. They suck do not get a G6!!! Believe me. Look good for a girl car but they ride like a wagon with square wheels. Piss on the G6 idea.

I had a new (at the time) G6 as a rental car one time.

Hated it. the "sporty" suspension is just harsh, and the layout of the windows/doors/interior in general kinda pissed me off.

we have 2004 vw jetta diesel 139000 nothing wrong with it new tires she good a new jetta diesel 40-45 mpg

civicmindedex79 said:
So folks can hang me out over this but any thoughts on a Dodge Dart? They are relatively cheap and really spoty seems like a chick car.
I've worked on a few of them. There basically a neon with new skins. Not bad cars. There put together a lot better than a "focus".

I'm thinking 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel . Then let her have the suburban. First vehicle is going to get trashed anyway, just the way it is.

kushKrawlin said:
:dblthumb: Bet there is some that would...

civicmindedex79 said:
So folks can hang me out over this but any thoughts on a Dodge Dart? They are relatively cheap and really spoty seems like a chick car.
My wife actually mentioned the Dart today when we passed one on I-75.....Ain't lookin to spend that much on a first car for her though. I know and saw what my other two kids first cars were put through! :driving:

blacksheep10 said:
Mine just turned 14, she's getting my 150K mile 01 malibu with a shitty muffler and loud as **** lifters. She's going to back it into ****, run into ****, whatever. I have a grand in it, I can afford to throw that away.
:dblthumb: Truth!!

We have had good luck with toyota/honda stuff. Rx300 is a nice rig and priced right. Most of the time they have been well maintained

God mine just turned 14 to. She wants a Jeep Wrangler just like her daddy had as his first car. I told her you definitely do not want the same one. ThAt four-cylinder will get you killed on tha highway if u aint careful. My dumbass ex-wife wants to give her her Lexus so she can get a new one and bitch to me about always being broke. I have her convinced now that we can build her a jeep. That way she can pick and choose how she wants it to be. (For the most part) But I'm starting to wonder if this is a bad idea, maybe just a lil stock jeep till i see she likes it. Jeeps really are a good first vehicle, mine had a top speed of about 80 goin down hill with no top on it. I can assure you that I know one person that will not be buying parts for a Lexus!!!

kushKrawlin said:
God mine just turned 14 to. She wants a Jeep Wrangler just like her daddy had as his first car. I told her you definitely do not want the same one. ThAt four-cylinder will get you killed on tha highway if u aint careful. My dumbass ex-wife wants to give her her Lexus so she can get a new one and bitch to me about always being broke. I have her convinced now that we can build her a jeep. That way she can pick and choose how she wants it to be. (For the most part) But I'm starting to wonder if this is a bad idea, maybe just a lil stock jeep till i see she likes it. Jeeps really are a good first vehicle, mine had a top speed of about 80 goin down hill with no top on it. I can assure you that I know one person that will not be buying parts for a Lexus!!!
**** it, XJ unitl she finds out if she loves jeeps.

Soooo, earlier in the thread I said she would get my malibu.....no oil pressure, starting hard, more noise, she's getting parked :-\ Guess we will have to find something else for her.

Been a while.... But anyways, went and did a little pre-shopping today. Looked at and drove an '08 Saturn Aura. V6,six speed auto with 143000 on the clock....any thoughts or feedback on this car??? On the plus side it was the cheapest one we looked at and it put a big smile on her face!! ;D