• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My daughters first car....

johneddie

Gonna be shopping for my youngest daughters first car pretty soon. :driving:
Like to stay under the 10 grand mark.Something with decent fuel economy,dependable and still have some style....she's been pretty good kid so far. thumb.gif
I'm not brand loyal....hell,I'll drive anything! So.....suggestions,good,bad,ones to stay away from after "X" amount of miles,etc... ???
Let's hear it!! :popcorn:

Re: Re: My daughters first car....

Buy my wifes 99 4runner that I have listed in here.

Way better , way safer, and way cooler than some econobox

How about a bone stock Sami? And when she goes to college you can either chop it up with yoyo stuff and 'pane or just resell it for probably MORE than what you paid.

I have had to put an auto tranny in 2 out of 3 of my kids honda accords at about 140k . 1800 bucks each that hurts. My neighbor had to put 1 in his civic also. I am gonna stay with yotas from now on

JohnG said:
Call your insurance agent and get a list of the ones with the cheapest insurance, then go form there.

Good advice there. Kids gonna tear up some equipment. You can get a nice car for under 10k, but I agree with the Toyotas, highlanders, lexus rx 300 (we never do anything but maintenance on them) easy to work on and get parts for. I personally don't care for nissans and fords since they seem to always have expensive repairs. Stay away from exploders.

New camaros are freaking cool if you can find a deal on a v6.

TacomaJD said:
Actually she has mentioned the Altimas and G6s. Probably the only models she actually knows though...lol
My oldest daughter had a rebuilt G6...the rebuild could've been a little better but it lasted pretty well.Heard the Altima 2.5s were a little iffy... :dunno:

I gotta a 03 VW Passat GLS with only 106k miles, sunroof, heated leather seats, its silver, bought new in GA, been seviced at VW dealer! nice looking car and great on gas, 5800.00 bucks

johneddie said:
Actually she has mentioned the Altimas and G6s. Probably the only models she actually knows though...lol
My oldest daughter had a rebuilt G6...the rebuild could've been a little better but it lasted pretty well.Heard the Altima 2.5s were a little iffy... :dunno:

Or Cobalts. I'm not price savvy on Cobalts, but the SS Cobalts look pretty darn sharp. G6 would be a good car for her too. Dated a girl that had one for a long time and never had any issues with it.

Little bimmers are cool first cars. U can find 3 series sedans all day long. Girls love em.

Y'all sayin G6's are good cars but the couple women I've dated/hung out with that had them were constantly havin issues. They mighta just been rough on **** tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd go with a tdi beetle, jetta, or a 3 series BMW. Bmw's run forever, are cheap on parts, can b had cheap, and pretty sweet.

2.5 altimas have issues when oil isn't changed, and they have the exhaust manifolds crack then the cat stops up, yada yada. I just put an engine in one at 183k miles due to this. The 3.5 nissan v6 has an issue where the rear timing cover gasket blows out and is retarded expensive to fix about 120-140k miles. It seems if you get a good nissan then they run forever, or they are complete piles of ****.

When I was that age (that sounds so weird saying that.. 10 years ago), I wanted something with the most room that I could fit all my friends and crap into (SUV, etc..).

That being said, if it was my daughter, it would be something small. Preferably 2 door. That way she isn't the one that drives and all her rowdy friends pile in the car with her.

Latest posts