• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

My Essentially Offroad Buggy Build

:woot: Gotta Love Those 321's. :driving: I really like that new trailer too. I think in the Screamin 2 walk around it was sitting on a trailer like this. Need me one!!! Good Job and Congrats! Waiting on Videos Now :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

After the 13 hour drive home from EOR in Tennessee to our farm in Pennsylvania, all I want to do was get in and go. On my second lap around my farm I lost oil pressure and seized the motor. The motor is a 1979 Ford 460 out of a RV with 57K miles.

So three weeks later I loaded it up and took it back down to EOR and ordered a rebuilt engine from Fliteline Engine Supply. The new engine is built for propane with harder rings, valves & seats.

For the short while I had the buggy, I thought about some modifications I'd like to have so I talked to Jimmy when I dropped it off. Here is a couple of photos of the new front end.

[attachment deleted by admin]

WOW! That new front end is P.I.M.P! drool drool drool drool drool drool I want to do something similar with my front end. :****:

We did a steering ram protector on a buddy of mine's 321 and I think it looks badass, want to do his front similar to yours to match the ram protector.

Attachments

• horn side.jpg
    horn side.jpg
    619.6 KB · Views: 109
Well it been a few months but EOR has finished up my buggy modifications. I had rear steer, roof panels, lights and some other modifications added. Here are a few photos.

Thanks Jimmy & John

Great Job! Thank You!

Attachments

• IMG_4343.JPG
    IMG_4343.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_4344.JPG
    IMG_4344.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4346.JPG
    IMG_4346.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4347.JPG
    IMG_4347.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4349.JPG
    IMG_4349.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 110
Wow, after the 13 hour trip home through the snow storm last weekend my buggy was covered in a foot of road slush. I wiped it down, took a couple of laps around our farm before the rear steering ram brackets broke free from the axle.

So, I immediately put it back on the trailer, hit it with the pressure washer and here it sits in my shop with the body panels on it.

Let me tell you, "if it weren't fer bad luck I'd have no luck at all". It's a minor fix but, dam!

Attachments

• IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4423.jpg
    IMG_4423.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 113
Now that my buggy is done, I have to get back to my other project, a 1934 Pickup (picture below).
It's chopper 5", channeled 4" and stretched 10" with a V8 flathead engine into a '86 S10 T5 Manual transmission into a Ford 9" rear end running a 390 gear. Calculation yields 72MPH at 2000 RPM. Can't wait till it's finished.
You can see the entire build thread here. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433245

Attachments

• My 34 Pickup.jpg
    My 34 Pickup.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 95