• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Naches powerline trail

Ok all you naysayers. I just now am seeing this thread so as trail boss for our group lemie explain a few things.

We never run the first half. It's just too nasty and washing mud off my rig for 5 hours is not my idea of fun. we bypass the first half of the trail (where you can see the un-buried cable in a few spots) and we cut on to it where it crosses the road right before it drops down to a creek and then up a hill.

THERE IS ABSOLUTLEY NO SIGN WHATSOEVER OF IT BEING CLOSED!! If it were in fact closed we would not run it. There's no moved ecology blocks, no fallen trees, no closed signs no ditches with go-arounds and above all THE RANGER I TALKED TO ON FRIDAY SAID IT WAS OPEN TO RAVENS ROOST!!! not the road, wich is definatly open, I asked about the trail SPECIFICLY.

Going thru the holes is a heluva lot more responsible than making a way around it. Not to say that go-arounds havent already been made, my group and myself chose not to use them on a moral standpoint.

Ok there. It's more than a little iritating to be told that I run a group of irisponsible wheelers thru closed trails after spending a weekend of cutting dozens of trees off Kaner flats trail before bypasses were made on thursday morning, cutting another tree off of shoestring so people would stop using a bypass and cutting about 7 more trees off upper ravens roost trail and draging the logs acros some rather torn up bypasses that the quad and bike guys had made. I think I burned thru 5 gallons of chainsaw gas AND we were thanked by a ranger for removing all the trees.

If the uper half of powerline is infact closed, someone needs to relay the mesage because you guys seem to be the only ones who know about it.:rolleyes:

Edit- Al of the above venting was in regards to the UPPER HALF just in case I wasnt clear before. When I first ran powerline in '98 it was just one trail and I was able to drive my open difed toy on 35" TXR's thru every one no problem. The last time I went and looked at it about 3 years ago every single hole, so most of the trail, was about 70 yards wide due to all the bypasses and the bypasses bypasses and the bypasses bypasses bypasses and so on. I completly agree that the lower half should be closed permanatly as it is a huge black eye on the area and the wheelers who go there. But the last half... well nothing beats being the first ones up in the snow:D

Hey TB-F please see that you advise the Naches Ranger District of your efforts and how many hours you and your group spent doing volunteer work. The FS can use you hours for trail funding. Work thru Sam Bissel. And thanks for your efforts!!!

he didn't mean it was legally open--he meant open as in you can get into the area.. I know tom well enough to know if its closed--he won't go there..

ding-ding -ding you are correct sir, this just goes back to a few :trollarse: making everyone look bad. Yes the lowest portion has been closed since like 99'.

NOT ONE of our group would be considered irresponsible,and to suggest so...well(I wont go there).Our group spent hours trying to get these trails cleaned and prepped to watch others treat it like a one time event.THANK YOU TB-F!!!!! Awesome words.

I am not trying to blame anybody on why this trail looks the way it does but there are a few people that have four wheel drives that are causing problems on this trail.

It only takes one vehicle in the wrong to put a black eye on the sport.

The upper half is a great run...One of the most scenic of the entire area.

It is OPEN...just as TB-F mentions.

The lower half is the problem area...it is the one that is CLOSED.

Keep up the good efforts everyone and it will stay this way...

I asked the park ranger that came by our camp about the power lines and she said it ALL was open, she said they close it to do make sure there are no cables out and that the cables are not even buried in the trail but beside it so the by-pass that people make might get down to it but that the trail was OPEN.
it does only take one bad apple to make us all look like asses and i am sick of people making trails that are not suppose t be there just because they want to try something new, the other thing that pisses me off is people getting drunk while they are on the trail, I did not see as much of it this year as the last 2 years but it is just pathetic when people think it is going to be more fun to wheel if you are drunk, can we just hang all those freaking people right now:mad: :mad: :mad:i

I heard that the power cable was damaged last week and that Pacific Power is pissed off and is going to try and get that lower section closed off again.

Last edited:
I asked the park ranger that came by our camp about the power lines and she said it ALL was open, she said they close it to do make sure there are no cables out and that the cables are not even buried in the trail but beside it so the by-pass that people make might get down to it but that the trail was OPEN.
it does only take one bad apple to make us all look like asses and i am sick of people making trails that are not suppose t be there just because they want to try something new, the other thing that pisses me off is people getting drunk while they are on the trail, I did not see as much of it this year as the last 2 years but it is just pathetic when people think it is going to be more fun to wheel if you are drunk, can we just hang all those freaking people right now:mad: :mad: :mad:i

Hey we passed you guys on Kaner on sat. :hi:

I love drinkin beer and wheelin, but i am a resposible drunk who packs out my trash. But i understand what you mean some people are idiots on the trail when they drink. I can hold my own and i dont get stupid.:beer:

Hey we passed you guys on Kaner on sat. :hi:

what kind of rig were you in? and did yu pass me or some of the other guys in my group? I had to do a rescue run on satuday so I dont remember who all I ran into that day going up the trail twice.

what kind of rig were you in? and did yu pass me or some of the other guys in my group? I had to do a rescue run on satuday so I dont remember who all I ran into that day going up the trail twice.

I think they were that group of 10 or so Toyotas that passed us on upper Kaner when I was swapping tanks. Some nice rigs in that group:awesomework:

that lower trail is a serious eco-disaster. i've not been so pissed off before the winchfest that was in-store for us when we got to areas 50~75 yards wide and pits side-by-fawking-side that only a submarine would know how deep they were. make my blood boil just thinking about it!!!!

if it's not closed it should be closed. someone needs to get up there and figure out how to drain those holes so nature can take it back over. It would be a shame if they used the lower trail as ammo to close RR.

Latest posts