Alan

Broken on Backdoor
Hi All,

Just got this e-mail from the US Forest Service today:

U.S. FOREST SERVICE NEWS RELEASE

Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest

215 Melody Lane

Wenatchee, WA 98801

For immediate release: March 29, 2013 12p.m.

Contacts:

Naches Ranger District Public Info. Asst. Michelle King, (509) 653-1420

Naches Ranger District Front Country Trails Coordinator Kevin Hill, (509) 653-1436

Muddy Conditions Necessitate Seasonal Trail Closures

NACHES

That's why I don't have my Runner anymore.

It won't be open again for spring / Memorial Day wheeling again unless we have a winter / spring like we did about 10 years ago where on memorial day the rocks were DRY and there wasn't a drop of snow or mud to be found.

:rolleyes:

Just pathetic.:looser:

I dont see why. It fawking rains a fawk ton here and you drive a knobby tire rig on that **** and it ruts out. The more you get the worse it gets.

The way i see it those area's need to be paved, or not driven on til the soil hardens up.

It doesn't rain a ton here. Yes, the trails are muddy and snow covered. What you call worse, I call better. Ruts don't bother me (bypass routes do) if you can't make it, turn around. There should be more enforcement at known bypass areas but otherwise just let the trails evolve.

There shouldn't be bypass's. If your junk can't make it up the trail, turn around. The only time the trails around naches, E-burg or Liberty are any fun is in the spring or fall. Summer trails are just a dry, dusty sunday cruise.

Anybody who has been over there numerous times of the course of 20 years have seen whats happened every year and the stuff that just keeps getting worse.

I absolutely love it over there memorial weekend but I understand why they are doing what they are and much of it is due to too many folks being dumb.

The shitty part though is all of those folks are going someplace so everywhere else will be over-run with folks....

The problem I have is state and federal agencies have taken to punishing the vast majority of people to get to the few who are doing it wrong. That's not how this country is supposed to work. The few lawbreakers shouldn't ruin the freedom of the majority.

The problem I have is state and federal agencies have taken to punishing the vast majority of people to get to the few who are doing it wrong. That's not how this country is supposed to work. The few lawbreakers shouldn't ruin the freedom of the majority.

very true :awesomework:

What you call worse, I call better. Ruts don't bother me.

Being that ruts are what they're trying to avoid it's people like you who these agencies are punishing the rest of us for. :awesomework:

Since they groom all the road into Buck meadows, the Taneum and up to Quartz mountain as soon as the snow park closes you can drive into the area. We went into the Taneum this weekend and made it to Quartz Springs campground without too much trouble, lots of stucks but not winching all day. It was great and since it closes today, we were legal. :haha:

Just the trails are closed. The roads are open as of April 1st. The snowmobilers do appreciate it though if we respect the grooming and don't tear up the whole road. BTW you still need to be street legal to use the roads with snow on them.

Being that ruts are what they're trying to avoid it's people like you who these agencies are punishing the rest of us for. :awesomework:

They're not punishing you if you agree with it and think it's a good idea. You also have no idea if I've contributed to any ruts. I'd rather have a rutted trail than a seasonal closure during the best wheeling time.

Lame. It must suck to live on the east side where government is so huge, intrusive and liberal. I am very thankful I live on the wet side where wheelin is open all year and there are no hyper leftist FS ranger checkpoints to go through getting from the OHV staging area to the OHV trails. I feel for you guys, I really do.

The Fiscal Cliff can't get here soon enough IMO. Fawk these completely worthless social programs.

Liberty & Manastash 4x4 trails for this weekend per Cle Elum ORV Ranger;

MANASTASH - Divide Trail 4WD311 OPEN. All other trails remain CLOSED this weekend.

LIBERTY - ALL TRAILS SOUTH of the town of Liberty and BELOW the Road 3507 (Table Mtn CLOSURE AREA UNTIL JUNE 15th) are OPEN. Trails west of 97 ARE CLOSED. Trails north of the town of Liberty remain CLOSED this weekend (Billy, Lion, and Hole in the Rock).

Naches & Rimrock are hard trail closures till June 15 last I heard

Liberty & Manastash 4x4 trails for this weekend per Cle Elum ORV Ranger;

MANASTASH - Divide Trail 4WD311 OPEN. All other trails remain CLOSED this weekend.

LIBERTY - ALL TRAILS SOUTH of the town of Liberty and BELOW the Road 3507 (Table Mtn CLOSURE AREA UNTIL JUNE 15th) are OPEN. Trails west of 97 ARE CLOSED. Trails north of the town of Liberty remain CLOSED this weekend (Billy, Lion, and Hole in the Rock).

Naches & Rimrock are hard trail closures thru June 15 last I heard

Fixed it for ya!

does anyone have a link I can see...I looked for 4WD311 and could not find that trail?

this is what I could find

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/okawen/recreation/ohv/recarea/?recid=57479&actid=93

It's either called the Divide (Buck Meadow) trail, follow Manastash Rd out to Riders Camp, go through the camp & cross the long wooden bridge across Buck Meadows, once across bare right & follow the trail up, there's several road crossings, so you'll need to pick up the trail on the other side. The road crossings aren't straight across, maybe up or down the road by several yards in some places

Please adhere to the other trails closures in the area

Last edited: