• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

National Corvette Museum installing an offroad obstacle course at the racetrack

scooter60

This is a link to a news story that a buddy sent me. Not much for most in this group but it is very interesting. The race track at the museum is state of the art from what I have heard. I'm sure the offroad track will be done very well also.

I'll need to go back after this is done. Didn't see this coming. That museum is awesome if you're into older cars. They made a display of the whole sinkhole incident 6 years ago and it's really cool to see what they did with that.

This is a link to a news story that a buddy sent me. Not much for most in this group but it is very interesting. The race track at the museum is state of the art from what I have heard. I'm sure the offroad track will be done very well also.

I wonder if this is a play for ultra4 and other series to come to Kentucky? That's close to Nashville so I find it awesome

Never mind...sounds more like a mall crawler playground

Last edited:
I hope that the this can be turned into an educational area for the pretty boy jeeps and new jeepers to come and learn about the capabilities of their vehicles. maybe after visting here they will want to go and visit other parks. more interest means more parks stay open

I hope that the this can be turned into an educational area for the pretty boy jeeps and new jeepers to come and learn about the capabilities of their vehicles. maybe after visting here they will want to go and visit other parks. more interest means more parks stay open
Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully this is an avenue to grow the sport and educate those that need it.

My thinking as well. Hopefully this will be a good way to teach vehicle capabilities and trail etiquette.

I grew up there, great area and it has grown.
Glad to see them embrace the sport and also possibly grow knowledge or responsible knowledge of the sport.
But also may become a pay and go place, such, where those "weekend" folks go with buddies and not much is gained.

Saw a Jeep club in hot springs when I was there in October..... common sense needs to be taught. It would save them a bunch but guess we all learn one way or another.

I grew up there, great area and it has grown.
Glad to see them embrace the sport and also possibly grow knowledge or responsible knowledge of the sport.
But also may become a pay and go place, such, where those "weekend" folks go with buddies and not much is gained.

Saw a Jeep club in hot springs when I was there in October..... common sense needs to be taught. It would save them a bunch but guess we all learn one way or another.
We saw a newer JKU built with all the goodies flop at Hot Springs and then slide down about 20'. I'm not sure where it was but he had no business on it. He stayed in his cabin for the next two days.

Yes exactly. I think a lot of folks "buy" into the sport then try to just go wheeling, not learning how to "bump over something" listen to spotter or even what goes into wheeling.

Hopefully this will allows learning to occur.