• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need a muffler recommendation for Jeep 2.5L...

rugger99

I need a recommendation for a small and quiet muffler for a Jeep 2.5L. Currently has a small round Dynomax muffler and it is ridiculously loud...as in very annoying...as in my Jeep sounds like the "white trash express". The room I have is limited as the muffler has to fit between the bottom of the tub and skid pan, which is about 5.5" of room. The exhaust dumps out at the end of the skid pan, thus keeping most of the exhaust out of the way. What ideas / thoughts do you guys have?

if you've got a straight run of pipe under the tub, replace as much of the pipe as you can with a long ass glass pack/tractor muffler/resonator from a passenger car.

Although some obviously do a better job at reducing db's than others, the general rule is quiet=large muffler volume.
5.5" of height space in one direction is easy with an oval muffler, but what about the width?
One particular muffler that has an excellent reputation for total sound reduction is the Borla ProXS, and it still flows with the best of them, sounds good, never rust or blow out & doesn't break the bank.
They have a new smaller size available now too that's 4.25" tall & 7.88" wide & 14" long in various in/out diameters. Here's an example......
Screenshot_20210510-110831_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have used a Trimph sport bike muffler on 2 different vehicles one a Jeep with a 6 cylinder. Pretty thin and has three outlets not to loud has good brackets on it to bolt a mount on and can usually find them cheap on eBay

Latest posts