• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

need help valuing a jeep I might sell

y2knole

• 97TJ, 4.0, ax15. 109k miles
  • 4 link rear, 3 link front. currie johnnie joints all around.
  • exploder 8.8 with detroit and yukon c-clip eliminator kit w/ chromos rear, trussed, 5x5.5" wheel pattern
  • narrowed 79 F150 dana 44 front with lunchbox locker and chromos front. axle has chevy knuckles with hi-steer and outers for 5x5.5 bolt pattern. all heim steering. trussed with an old school BTF truss/diff cover kit. 4.88 gears.
  • 37" dot krawlers on allied beadlocks
  • psc pump and ram, stock steering box drilled and tapped for hydro assist.
  • corbeau seats, front half cage add on to stock cage, tied to frame and some extra bars in the rear.
  • genright high-line fenders with the aluminum inners, and genright rear armor
  • motobilt fuel cell with artec mount... antirock front, recently herculined, no rust at all
  • pretty new smitty winch, no name stubby front bumper
  • heat and AC work and thats all i can recall of the top of my head...
  • clean title in hand
Ive had it since stock and it was my daily driver in the mid 2000s. been pretty much a trail only jeep for the last 8 or 10 years. I hardly use it and its time to clear some garage space...
Is this a $9k jeep? a $12k jeep? It wheels great but is pretty shitty on the street... im not really sure how to price it to get the best return and also send it on to someone at a fair number...

EDIT: I also have a 16' Anderson car hauler that I'd be willing to make a package deal with. 3500lb axles, brakes on both, LED lights, good condition and VERY light. this package tows great behind a 1/2 ton truck.

Attachments

• jeep.jpg
    jeep.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Any idea what the book value flange is for it?

Also what makes it not that streetable?
i cant imagine blue book is too relevant for something like this...
hydro assist is kinda touchy, detroit rear locker, beadlocks & unbalanced tires, lack of rear swaybar would be to the places to start to this more streetable...

i cant imagine blue book is too relevant for something like this...
hydro assist is kinda touchy, detroit rear locker, beadlocks & unbalanced tires, lack of rear swaybar would be to the places to start to this more streetable...
Was thinking more of it giving you a baseline price range to then add modification values to.

It's hard to put a price on these things either way.

For what it's worth stock tjs with that mileage are bringing 10k . They seem to be worth more now than they were 5 years ago . I wouldn't go below that mark . You can't build it for that. It could still be made streetable with not alot $. My 2 cents.

For what it's worth stock tjs with that mileage are bringing 10k . They seem to be worth more now than they were 5 years ago . I wouldn't go below that mark . You can't build it for that. It could still be made streetable with not alot $. My 2 cents.
thanks for that feedback.
i paid like 8500 for it in 2003ish at bone stock so... yeah...

Last edited: