• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need input on a r/c for my boy.

ain'tstuckjustresting

RIP Mister 12/5/12
So my boy's 6th bday is about a month away and he's really been enjoying my wraith so I figured I better get him a decent car of his own. He's getting better about not just crashing it at full speed but I'd still like to get something a little slower than a wraith. Needs to be a 4wd, electric, pretty tough, and capable of playing on some rocks. Any suggestions?

We have 3 losi night crawlers and they have held up really well. Allison has been driving one.:awesomework:

The wraith has really weak steering components that won't survive him even at slow speeds. Plus, if I gear it down that will increase the torque and I'm afraid it will strip gears/break axles left and right... (he IS my kid for pete sake):redneck:

It's super cheap to make aluminum linkage. ****, I probably have enough crap sitting around my shop to make some for free. You can always loosen up the slipper clutch a bunch so when it binds it will just slip the clutch... Free assurance....

I have a barely used Losi 1.0 Pro with the carbon fiber chassis. RTR with remote if your interested.

It depends on if there is anything in particular you want to do with it.. Some shine in certain areas..

We sat down and looked at a bunch online today to see which ones he likes the look of since that's just more important than performance to a kid.

1st choice was a Traxxas monster truck but he already has one at his mom's house and it sux. 2wd and always breaks.

2nd was a Vattera Twin Hammer. I think he likes it because it comes with a driver.:rolleyes:

3rd was the Night Crawler so we'll see.

So I gave my boy a Losi Night Crawler last night for his 6th bday. At first he was stoked. Then he didn't like how slow it was compared to my wraith. Then he monster trucked the **** out of my wraith and crawled up the back of the couch. He's happy now. The 1st thing he told his mom was how his car was way flexier than Dad's! :D Love that kid........:awesomework:

So I gave my boy a Losi Night Crawler last night for his 6th bday. At first he was stoked. Then he didn't like how slow it was compared to my wraith. Then he monster trucked the **** out of my wraith and crawled up the back of the couch. He's happy now. The 1st thing he told his mom was how his car was way flexier than Dad's! :D Love that kid........:awesomework:

He has a good point they are pretty flexy.:awesomework:

:awesomework: