• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some opinions on a rig

Bones

That Guy
Rig add
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1003158

Owner is terrible with communication and details about the rig until I searched for the build thread. Seems cheap, but since I can not see it first hand I have no idea what to do. I thought about calling Timmay of Liquid Iron Ind since he worked on it and seems to have a good rep and may be able to tell me to run or consider it as a deal. I would offer less than asking price by a large amount.

Build thread
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=896074&highlight=

PM I got from a PBB member

But, there is a reason that rig is as cheap as it is. Its not finished and it needs a lot of work to dial it in. The problem is that he has no clue how to work on it, and no clue what else needs to be done on it.

No I do not need this rig, but want something nicer than what I have and doubt it will ever get wheeled really. I think it's a classic case of the owner having more $$ than sense.

For 17 grand your ass better buy a plane ticket and check it out! That looks like a cool deal and you could still get decent financing on an 07 model. I'd drive the **** out of it. thumb.gif

I was wondering if you were using the same name on here as Pirate. I tried to get some info on the rig also with the same results. Owner actually never responded to me when I told him I was going to be in rausch creek in a few weeks. I dont think he is a very motivated seller

sledneck said:
I was wondering if you were using the same name on here as Pirate. I tried to get some info on the rig also with the same results. Owner actually never responded to me when I told him I was going to be in rausch creek in a few weeks. I dont think he is a very motivated seller
I pm'ed Tmmay about it. Sounds like more $$ than sense

Bones said:
Don't look any longer than any other lift shackle. :dunno:

LOTS of $$ in near new parts list and the labor to instal em
Oh, I understand now, when the springs start to bend backwards the truck will set level, . Velly crever, roundeye. :flipoff1:

Just read the whole build thread. That ****er is legit with NICE as parts. WOW. Is he really just a dumbass? He certainly went with top of the line parts everywhere. And **** to protect them.

You can get a guy to go through the ECM and turn off all of the sensors that are no longer in existence, I.E. why the dash lights are on. I'm guessing ABS, and Traction Control for starters. Also will get your speedo calibrated. John down in Paola could do the EFIlive on it and take care of all of that.

Bones said:
Is it supposed to have the west coast prerunner 'brah' look to it? :flipoff1:
IDK what "west coast prerunner brah look" is. :dunno: I just keep praying for California to fall off into the Pacific. Seriously tho, looks like a lot of nice parts for the $$

InDaShop said:
Just read the whole build thread. That ****er is legit with NICE as parts. WOW. Is he really just a dumbass? He certainly went with top of the line parts everywhere. And **** to protect them.

You can get a guy to go through the ECM and turn off all of the sensors that are no longer in existence, I.E. why the dash lights are on. I'm guessing ABS, and Traction Control for starters. Also will get your speedo calibrated. John down in Paola could do the EFIlive on it and take care of all of that.
Timmay PM'ed me this

Chris,

I'll be honest with you, he's not the smartest guy. The rig isn't in bad shape at all. It needs some minor things but nothing major. He doesn't know how to work on it for sure which is why it needs a nut and bolt check and fluids gone over. I actually told him to mention that to any prospective buyers just in case, not necessarily in the for sale ad...

The only thing I can see being an issue as a DD is the steering shaft. The ujoint in there is under some bad angles. He had another shop do the work up front on the coilover towers and the steering shaft goes through the driver's side tower. It leaves you no room to shorten the stock steering wheel side shaft to lessen the angle. You'd have to cut up that coilover tower pretty significantly to get it right.

Other than that, the truck seems perfectly fine to me. I drove it for a week as a parts getter before giving it back to him and had no issues. The steering shaft just makes it feel a little notchy, nothing incredibly bad though.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

-Tim

You looking to pull the trigger right away? if you can wait a few weeks and this guy will meet at RC, I can get you any pics that you want of it.

sledneck said:
You looking to pull the trigger right away? if you can wait a few weeks and this guy will meet at RC, I can get you any pics that you want of it.
Zero rush at all. I do not need it now by any stretch. Probably a horrible decision if I did, but I sure like it :eat:

Thanks

:dblthumb: dooo it. Only thing that has me concerned is the Timmay dude's comments about the steering shaft but that is something you can fix.