• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Need some thoughts

bad80cj

I'm looking for a job in and or close by Pell City. I am an Auto Tech that has been working at independent shop for 4 years and hold no certifications. Anyone have any leads please shoot me your thoughts.

Thanks,
Steve

There use to be a little offroad-ish shop in down town-- coming from the interstate, it was past Jacks on the left (I think). Also, what about boats? The marinas are always looking for mechanics. Check at Riverside.

Kel I have that application :)~ As for the welding I found not much out there. Brock as for the little Offroad shop that is Dixie Offroad. They are not hiring and not even giving out applications.

Epic Idea - Buy a Truck and do Mobile Oil Changes and Tune Ups. People would pay a premium if you could come change their oil while they are at home or at work. Plus you have zero overhead.

Note: When this idea turns into millions....I expect a cut. :****:

Brock I would prefer to stay a tech and not work for another production type job ever again in my life. Matt I would be more than willing to give ya a cut once you find that video of me at the bottom of primos. :p

BustedKnucklefilms said:
Epic Idea - Buy a Truck and do Mobile Oil Changes and Tune Ups. People would pay a premium if you could come change their oil while they are at home or at work. Plus you have zero overhead.

Note: When this idea turns into millions....I expect a cut. :****:

Popular in Houston, although most specialize in fleet.

BustedKnucklefilms said:

You end up paying a premium by working all day on hot or cold asphalt parking lots in the sun or rain and having to cart around a shitload of used motor oil and tools. The direction to go with this is to get a laptop with an Alldata subscription, internet, and a scanner with the ability to read manufacturer specific codes. You probably already have a vehicle and small assortment of tools. Then visit body shops to take care of their airbag, abs lights and other stupid **** like headlamp adjustment lights. That way the body shops don't have to waste time taking a vehicle somewhere for repairs, they can bill it as sublet labor, and have a quicker turn around time. I did a shitload of this kinda stuff as a dealer tech, easy, clean, money, every time. :dblthumb: