• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Needing a audio setup in my buggy

Here's my audio thread from another forum. I just added it all up and I think I have ~$400 in the system now that I added the sub. Most of that is the speakers and the sub (~$180 for the tubies and mounts, and $130 for the tube). I actually got all the speakers through Woot.com so I saved a bunch there. The amp I have is discontinued, but sonicelectronix.com has the newer model for $70 so still cheap.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/rock-crawler-tunes-1477364/

I had a Duel Marine head unit and speakers in my old rig. I think I gave about $100 for the kit on sale at either Bass Pro or Academy. The head unit took cd's, had aux port and USB. It sounded alright to only be two 6" speakers. I might go this route again to have FM radio.

I used a head unit off a motorcycle. It was hooked up to 1600 watts and 8 speakers and hurt like hell to turn it up. :dblthumb:

Re: Re: Re: Needing a audio setup in my buggy

CHASMAN9 said:
I used a head unit off a motorcycle. It was hooked up to 1600 watts and 8 speakers and hurt like hell to turn it up. :dblthumb:

What's that old saying? ....If it's too loud, yer too old? :flipoff1:

Re: Re: Needing a audio setup in my buggy

I think I may try this setup.....

Shark Motorcycle Audio 22050 Yacht Snowmobile Marine Audio (Chrome) by SharkMotorcycleAudio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002N2LCQE/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_mdnktb15ZH8QC

TacomaJD said:
What's that old saying? ....If it's too loud, yer too old? :flipoff1:

Huh? 1600 watts of AC/ DC Hells Bells ain't no symphony with your mom and dad. molaugh

And yes, I'm not as young as I thought I once was.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Needing a audio setup in my buggy

CHASMAN9 said:
Huh? 1600 watts of AC/ DC Hells Bells ain't no symphony with your mom and dad. molaugh

And yes, I'm not as young as I thought I once was.

That's my kind of music! :****: never too old (or too young) to jam some AC/DC!

I wish I had room for a sub, I may end up buying one of those bazooka tubes or some **** one day for some extra bass and make it fit somewhere.

Re: Re: Needing a audio setup in my buggy

Well....I pulled the 50$ trigger on the Shark setup. Painted the chrome buckets black with some Plasti-Dip.

U joint in pic is a 1310 for reference.

Hooked up to a car battery in the garage....it screams! Pretty clear and full sound once using EQ on the phone.

Hope to get it on the buggy today.

20140405_092323_zpsiyrzzukt.jpg

TacomaJD...do those MTX enclosures allow you to rotate the clamp in order to mount them on tubing running front to back and still have the speakers facing forward?

What size tubing do you have them on?

clemsonjeep said:
TacomaJD...do those MTX enclosures allow you to rotate the clamp in order to mount them on tubing running front to back and still have the speakers facing forward?

What size tubing do you have them on?

It's on either 1.5" or 1.75", can't remember. Both sizes were used in that area of the shock mount structure. Yes I believe they do, but you should be able to google the speaker and find all the specs on it to make sure though.

Latest posts