• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Honda Pricing???

xjcrawler

Has anybody here recently bought a new Honda? Helping my mom with buying a new Honda and I hate to deal with salesmen, so trying to find out what kind of markup Hondas have.

I work at a dealer in Tuscaloosa. My mom, aunt, and ol lady all drive 13 accords. Moms neighbor got a 13 crv. Don't know how close you are but I can deff hook u up!

BUG-E J said:
I work at a dealer in Tuscaloosa. My mom, aunt, and ol lady all drive 13 accords. Moms neighbor got a 13 crv. Don't know how close you are but I can deff hook u up!

That would have been awesome until I just looked how far it was, 4 hours one way as I'm in Georgia. She is going to buy a 2014 LX CR-V 2 wheel drive, doesn't want any fancy stuff.

4 hours would be nothing to save a thousand or two bucks if he could do that for you, IMO. I've driven half way across the nation for the right truck before.

The crv and fit are prolly the two best honda makes. Seein some oil burnin problems out of all v6 03 and up. They COMPLETELY redid EVERYTHING on the 13 accords and went with a cvt trans on the 4cyl. So far so good. My ol ladies is a 6speed manual 4cyl and its her favorite car she ever owned.

There isn't alot of mark up in new cars. If you got good credit I would wait till honda offered 0.9 apr or if she doesn't put alot of miles on one they offer awesome lease programs with cheap buyout options. We starting to see some 14's so maybe you could find a 13 somebody still got on a lot.

Dont pay cash for a new car. They get spiffs and offers from finance companies so will come off the price more if you finance even a small amount.

I would drive that far to save a thousand or two but I didn't think somebody would be able to get that much more off over a local dealer. And yes she would like to finance just to keep the cash in the bank but not sure if she can cause my dad always paid cash for everything, so she is not sure how that will work out since she has no credit, good or bad. I'm trying to find out what kind of markups they do have, I'm sure it's not like a Ford with 10,000 discounts.

BUG-E J said:
The crv and fit are prolly the two best honda makes. Seein some oil burnin problems out of all v6 03 and up. They COMPLETELY redid EVERYTHING on the 13 accords and went with a cvt trans on the 4cyl. So far so good. My ol ladies is a 6speed manual 4cyl and its her favorite car she ever owned.

There isn't alot of mark up in new cars. If you got good credit I would wait till honda offered 0.9 apr or if she doesn't put alot of miles on one they offer awesome lease programs with cheap buyout options. We starting to see some 14's so maybe you could find a 13 somebody still got on a lot.

Dont pay cash for a new car. They get spiffs and offers from finance companies so will come off the price more if you finance even a small amount.

My wife had 10 Accord with a V6. Worst engine ever made. After dealing with Honda of Decatur, I will never buy a new Honda again. Terrible customer service. They didn't stand behind their cars either. The reason I bought one is cause Hondas reputation they had. I tell everyone I know to say away from them.

kmcminn said:
My wife had 10 Accord with a V6. Worst engine ever made. After dealing with Honda of Decatur, I will never buy a new Honda again. Terrible customer service. They didn't stand behind their cars either. The reason I bought one is cause Hondas reputation they had. I tell everyone I know to say away from them.
Honda just released a recall to re-ring ALL v6s 03 to present for 13 years unlimited miles. I don't think its gonna fix the problem because the rings are the same as old ones but at least they owned up to them having a problem. Besides that we dont see any other engine trouble so I wouldn't think it would be the worst engine ever made.

xjcrawler said:
I would drive that far to save a thousand or two but I didn't think somebody would be able to get that much more off over a local dealer. And yes she would like to finance just to keep the cash in the bank but not sure if she can cause my dad always paid cash for everything, so she is not sure how that will work out since she has no credit, good or bad. I'm trying to find out what kind of markups they do have, I'm sure it's not like a Ford with 10,000 discounts.

There is almost no markup in a honda. TThey don't offer big rebates either. Thats why hondas hold there value so well.

BUG-E J said:
Honda just released a recall to re-ring ALL v6s 03 to present for 13 years unlimited miles. I don't think its gonna fix the problem because the rings are the same as old ones but at least they owned up to them having a problem. Besides that we dont see any other engine trouble so I wouldn't think it would be the worst engine ever made.

There is almost no markup in a honda. TThey don't offer big rebates either. Thats why hondas hold there value so well.

Thats good to know...my wife drives a 08 V6 Accord...

xjcrawler said:
That would have been awesome until I just looked how far it was, 4 hours one way as I'm in Georgia. She is going to buy a 2014 LX CR-V 2 wheel drive, doesn't want any fancy stuff.

Wife got a 13 CRV, awd ex w/nav blah blah blah. But we saved 2500 bucks driving to NC to get it vs getting it from the dealer here in Athens. They were not willing to negotiate at all, so I found someone who would. Its worth driving to save some $$. Plus we did all the haggling etc thru emails, phone calls. Takes all the sales room pressure off you, and getting caught up in the moment.

I wouldn't buy anything v6 Honda made here in Alabama. They have given early buyouts/laid off most of their original employees and have temps doing alot of the building now. As a outside contractor to them, get to see some of the inner workings of the place.

Re:

Sadly v6 Honda's get crappy reviews. But when you look at the light little engines and their engineering they're actually pretty cool. 200+ hp in a 250lbs all aluminum package that is like 2' long with v Tec.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

kmcminn said:
I kind of thought valve seat or stem seals
That was only on the very early build 08's and late 07's. I put heads on an 08 two weeks ago. Customer had to come out of pocket for the timing belt and a few gaskets honda wouldn't cover but honda bought them brand new heads front and rear and paid labor. Car had 160k on it and burnt a valve due to oil consumption.

Hondas don't have a ton of markup. All the dealers prices are fairly close. I don't believe honda allows them to be as cut throat to each other as Toyota and the domestics.

Mental note, send all 3.0 honda engine work to t-town. ;D

I drove to Jacksonville Fl to pickup 3 trucks dad bought for his company, cousin worked for a dealer there. Saved stupid money on it. The only issue was getting a new vehicle from anther state titled in alabama, somewhat of a hassle but still worth it.

BUG-E J said:
That was only on the very early build 08's and late 07's. I put heads on an 08 two weeks ago. Customer had to come out of pocket for the timing belt and a few gaskets honda wouldn't cover but honda bought them brand new heads front and rear and paid labor. Car had 160k on it and burnt a valve due to oil consumption.

At 160k! damn! GM would **** if you submitted a ticket with that many miles with the big W on it.