New owner of Hardline Crawlers

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Yes I aquire forums - usually ones that are broken, or in disarray and improve them.
I have less than 8 forums most of which aren't very active, verticals that interest me, such as www.1911fanatics.com or www.choppedbaggers.com

I have worked, and built forums for over 20 years - so I decided to start my own network of site that isn't all on Facebook groups, or mined like Tapatalk is.

I've never sold any forums to Vertical Scope, however my previous employer was acquired by them.

I acquired HCL, because I was told after several months of talking about it, the previous owner was going to let it expire instead of keeping it up. He had a desire to keep it going without him. Here I am.

BUG-E J

Don't get #labroned
Ok Christopher I have 2 more questions.

1. Do you have any plans to attend any rides or is this just a hobby/side chick to have some extra blow money.

2. If I get bluetooth surround sound and I want to listen to the radio while watching tv can you bring your beetle to the house and make that shit happen?

BUG-E J

Don't get #labroned
Eddyj said:
Wtf is a Honda mule?!?
It's what somebody calls their Kawasaki that has no clue what they are talking about. Now :gtfo: grown ups are talking

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Eddyj said:
Wtf is a Honda mule?!?
Sorry - I meant Kawasaki Mule, it's a nice 4 seater souped up golf cart that in my case is built for the zombie apocalypse.

Eddyj

BUG-E J said:

1. Do you have any plans to attend any rides or is this just a hobby/side chick to have some extra blow money.

2. If I get bluetooth surround sound and I want to listen to the radio while watching tv can you bring your beetle to the house and make that shit happen?
Wtf would you want to listen to the radio and watch Tv at the same time?!?

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
BUG-E J said:

1. If the rides are close by-ish, possibly. Will I bring my ride...not sure my ride can handle most of the trails I see you guys have in AL.
2. I no longer have access to the sweet GeekMobile. That pic is from 10+ years ago, when they didn't have tracking in those things, but as far as surround sound...I use a soundbar that paired with my TV. So my suggestion is, don't buy junk, but don't over pay for the nice stuff either. I like shopping around for the top brands. These days I'm all about buying electronics that work reliably instead of trying to hack crap together that only works 25% of the time.

money_pit_yj

Blackbeard said:
Sorry - I meant Kawasaki Mule, it's a nice 4 seater souped up golf cart that in my case is built for the zombie apocalypse.
Being a professional forum moderator, how thick skinned are you? How are your troll defense mechanisms? Will you let folks know the boundaries or do we just kind of go out and find them? FWIW I’m the most extra basic person here so I will not be an issue but there are some ruthless dudes here. Anyway welcome to HardLineCrawlers and make sure to include price, pics, contact info and location. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHASMAN9

Hardline OG Administrator
Staff member
OK, let me restate what has been pointed out to me as Grammatically incorrect from my earlier post. my words were" I know John G would want it this way too" should've read something like this so as not to offend you, "I know John G would have wanted it this way for HLC forum to continue on" In my initial fit of rage due to this situation this morning, I could not put into words correctly what my hands were typing. I too was left asking what the hell was going on as well. There was no indication of this forum being sold to anyone else other than MattO and Chris, but that message was never pervade to any of us.

For the past many years I have heard lots of people asking why can I not post pictures and why do I have to use Tapatalk and why haven't you updated the software? It just not feasible to do it and I do not have the time nor the IT background to do it. So here is how I see this situation, good or bad to you. Let the forum continue on it's antiquated software and watch it die off, or, embrace the new life of the site no matter what changes come with the new ownership. Remember this though, the forum was made up of people just like you and it's your choice to take it and run with it or fall backwards with the times and watch the ship go down. The choice is yours and we are not asking you to leave because you didn't get it your way, but to stay and continue with what once was Great and to help bring it back to what it once was.

Yes, I have had a long conversation with Chris and he has assured me that HLC is not some corporate buyout, but just somebody with an alike interest who wants to see us grow again.

BUG-E J

Don't get #labroned
Ok I lied I dont give a shit about surround sound and I know NC is along ride from here. How about goldfish. I got a guy that will hook you right up with some.

Eddyj

There is no motivation for someone who is not into southern style wheeling to purchase this forum other than to make a profit. If he can help bring the site up to date that’s great, but long term we know where this is headed. This site was different cause it was ran by those with a passion for our hobby/sport.
Prove me wrong...

mac5005

Blackbeard said:
Yes I aquire forums - usually ones that are broken, or in disarray and improve them.
I have less than 8 forums most of which aren't very active, verticals that interest me, such as www.1911fanatics.com or www.choppedbaggers.com

I have worked, and built forums for over 20 years - so I decided to start my own network of site that isn't all on Facebook groups, or mined like Tapatalk is.

I've never sold any forums to Vertical Scope, however my previous employer was acquired by them.

I acquired HCL, because I was told after several months of talking about it, the previous owner was going to let it expire instead of keeping it up. He had a desire to keep it going without him. Here I am.

So what are your goals/plans with/for hardline ?

Do you plan to attend any of the HL rides?

Do you have knowledge about the current issues that were plaguing the forum?

I mean to be frank, you currently have the attention of the forum, it would be an ideal time to elaborate on all of it.

Otherwise, I hope your flame suit is within date.

When is the next time you plan to ride Uwharrie? I’d like to try to come up and meet the new boss.

Potentially could also meet in wilmy, if that’s more convenient.

Maybe even Matt could send me a BK camera, and we could do a video interview for all those on HL with some member posed questions and answers.

Could do a walk around of your rig and give the chance for HL to get to know the new top dog.