• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New park opening in Tracy City TN. ?

Southern Four Wheel Drive Association has had a major hand in development by providing volunteer muscle to the project. ::)

xjcrawler said:
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association has had a major hand in development by providing volunteer muscle to the project. ::)

Lots of cash as well ???

Funny. They told me that all they were doing was buying a trailer and outfitting it for cleanup. Then they told me that after they cut a check for the trailer that a local business donated one. But the money had already been allocated. When I asked them 6 times about what they were doing to keep the place open, they ignored me and changed the subject.

Lol....you should jus goto one of their meetings....maybe pay to be a member....then goto more meetings....then pay yearly dues....then goto another meeting.

Then you'll be able to establish an educated opinion instead of just logical assumptions. 8) :p

Re: Re: New park opening in Tracy City TN. ?

The Luke said:
Funny. They told me that all they were doing was buying a trailer and outfitting it for cleanup. Then they told me that after they cut a check for the trailer that a local business donated one. But the money had already been allocated. When I asked them 6 times about what they were doing to keep the place open, they ignored me and changed the subject.
This is 2 different subjects. The trailer and clean up are for the southern end of the Cove. Think wide Ford area up past the AC cave. This park is going in the Coalmont area. When people would enter the cover from the pumping station in Coalmont you are riding the area that will be used at for the park. I don't even think the park property will go to the waterfall or Duck Pond. It stops around slick Rock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man, i wish I was familiar enough with the cove to have a little bit of an idea of the places you speak of. Basically the only places I know of are some creekbed trail and the church.

Regardless, they didn't clarify as to what they were doing with it. I was amazed I got the detail that I did out of them.

Re:

Church is towards the northern part of the cove. About a 1/3 odd the way down. If you broke it into 1/3s starting at the pumping station and going out to Hwy 28. Church would be a 1/3 and the AC cave would be about the 2/3 mark. Just roughly anyways. Many spurs and side roads off from the main road.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Man I haven't been to cove in years. Last time I was there was maybe 2010 or so and it was cold as ****. Really want to go back but hell aint no way i'm going to remember my way around.

The Luke said:
the money was then used to outfit the trailer with a lift and some bigger tires and other mods. And like he said,these two places are close but not the same location. I was in on helping make a tourism video with Grundy on the park,it's close so just set tight. And there is a old school wheeler that is a member here that got this ball rolling years ago but it's taken a lot of red tape cutting to get where it's at.

jeeptj99 said:
Man I haven't been to cove in years. Last time I was there was maybe 2010 or so and it was cold as ****. Really want to go back but hell aint no way i'm going to remember my way around.
its one road with a few intersections,really hard to get 'lost' IMO. Just not some where you want to break down alone as it's a long trek. Hit me up I ride it a lot these days if you want.

It's very easy to lose a wallet out there. Ask me, I know how to do it! Luckily the "damn locals" found it a week later and I be damn if it got sent back to me with all my doll hairs minus the $5 to ship it back! THAT is how our society should be.
'09 was the last time I been in there...

I wheeled the cove by the church a few years ago when The Tanner reunion was out there, some cool trails in the creek bed, apparently some older history in that area. I haven't heard anything about it since then but they were talking about haveing rides there more often .

Here are some maps of the area that was acquired

Attachments

• SGORP.JPG
    SGORP.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 140
  • SGORP2.JPG
    SGORP2.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 128
  • SGORP3.JPG
    SGORP3.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 143
found out some of the guys I ride with occasionally are going this weekend to the cove. decided to skip the aop race and go do some trail riding and seeing what is left down there.