• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

New Polaris

crawler 129 said:
Anybody bought one yet ? How do u like it ?

Guy on PRC forum has one and fit 32's on it with stock suspension! They finally figured out people like clearance for bigger tires!

I sat in one of them at Battle Creek where I bought my Ranger when I went to buy first time service supplies. Lots more roomy than Rzr's, one of the few I had plenty room in for my leg. 100 hp, whereas the new Ranger 900 has 68hp. That's badass. Click this link. First page is with 31's, then he put 32" Terminators on it on page 2, so much clearance and badassery. If I ever trade my Ranger in on an upgrade, it will be for a General. Best of both worlds.

http://www.prcforum.com/forum/234-polaris-general-1000-discussions/74538-new-wheels-tires.html

kmcminn said:
How much does a loaded General cost?

There are 3 different trim options, all varying a couple grand per option.

MSRP

Base with EPS - $15,999
Premium - $17,499
Deluxe - $19,999

Take about a grand or so off of MSRP and that's probably about what they run out the door.

The base with EPS would be all I needed. For reference, I have a fuzz over $13k in my Ranger 570XP after upgrades withOUT EPS. All I'd have to do to a General would be throw some bigger tires on it and it would already be more capable than my Ranger, for maybe $15k including buying new wheels and tires, and have over twice the hp and power steering, plus much better suspension.

Re:

I would use the **** out of one of these but the Jeep would have to go bye bye and I just can't seem to do that.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'll have a buggy one day, but don't see me getting rid of the Ranger even then. Fun as **** to ride around the house - I have easy access to a shitload of backroads and a tid bit of woods trails. Got a few buddies that live close and I ride it over to their house instead of the car, etc. It's fun, just a different kind of fun. The best part is not tearing it up...worst thing I have to do to it is wash it. :dblthumb: :dblthumb: :dblthumb:

Re: New Polaris

856362a25a49800e9e6d5f3be5eaa181.jpg

b3f3497d92b721ef5bc8af397abe3e08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am going to pick up a 6 seat 900 Ranger. My wife said she would go riding with me if I buy one. It would get the whole family out of the house and it would force me to start riding down a whole lot of other trails at our local park that I never even look at. Plus, it will give me something to wheel when I destroy my ****. Which is usually what I do every couple of months.

General looks cool and looks like it has a good bit of function too. First step into making a high HP Samurai in my opinion.

Re: Re: New Polaris

lowbudgetjunk said:
I think I am going to pick up a 6 seat 900 Ranger. My wife said she would go riding with me if I buy one. It would get the whole family out of the house and it would force me to start riding down a whole lot of other trails at our local park that I never even look at. Plus, it will give me something to wheel when I destroy my ****. Which is usually what I do every couple of months.

General looks cool and looks like it has a good bit of function too. First step into making a high HP Samurai in my opinion.
A 900 crew with the 6" lift and 32's like Lucas had is perfect trail machine! Power don't mean much on the trails. My ole pile ain't got but 46 hp and it's got more than I need. It's just so simplistic. I enjoy it, but its a different type of riding at places like Choccolocco. You can't follow all yer crawler buddies at parks like that and get separated. Other parks like HPO, Stoney, etc, with good bypass trails work fine though.